Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there our little pup poo’s outside 100%, she’s also sleeping well and everything seems to be heading in the right direction. The one thing that is baffling us a little is the wee’s. We let her out around every 30-45mins at most she’ll poo or do a sent wee (tiny one) but when in doesn’t make a sound but will randomly do big wee’s in random spots. Struggling to see a pattern or how to start training or address. It’s almost like she holds onto it for inside. Today’s she’s wee’d inside around 5 times and big ones. When she does this instantly tell her no in a stern voice and put her outside where she’ll run of and play I’m it sure if she thinks if I wee inside I can play outside HOWEVER normally she hates going outside just stares at me she really doesn’t like the cold !! If anyone has any advice would be great on how we can crack this

·
Registered
692 Posts
Potty training in the coldness is a challenge for sure. Find out what is her favorite treat, take her out very often and reward every time she manages to potty outside. Right as soon as she peed there. Make a big deal with lots of praise when she does it. I thought mine also the command `potty hurry`, meaning when we go out to potty, we pee and come back, no play time there. Also when she is not having play- or cuddletime with you, crate her to set her up for success.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You're going to have to watch her like a hawk. The moment she stops doing something, like playing,it's out the door.
She wakes up, out the door. If she's running around with a toy and drops it, out the door. You may only get a second or two of warning.
The "random peeing a lot" has me a little concerned. She is very young, but you may want to watch more closely. Are they random, or is she all of the sudden peeing. Gunnr, one of my females V's, would spontaneously just start peeing in the house., when she was about 11 months old.( I first got her at this age.)
It took me a few days, but I finally recognized that she had no control over what was happening, she would just "let go". Turned out she had a bladder infection and really had no control over what was happening to her. Once we got that cleared up, we were fine.
Is she weeing in the crate at night? and is it possible to "paper train" her in the house. In the US we have these "Wee Pads, They're about the size of a newspaper sheet. You put them on the floor and then out either papers, or washable linens on top.
The object is to move it closer to the door, to bridge the puppy from house training, to going outside exclusively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts