Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V is 11yrs young and has had some raised lumps/bumps appear on her head. She's had them for a little over a week now. Vet has given her 5 day supply of Piriton tablets, cant really see any difference in 4 days. She's not had anything like this before. Can anyone help? Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
27 Posts
Our V had that happen and I was wondering if she got into something outside or if it was an allergic reaction to something she ate. We put calendula gel on it for a few days, watched what we were feeding her and they went away after about a week.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our V had that happen and I was wondering if she got into something outside or if it was an allergic reaction to something she ate. We put calendula gel on it for a few days, watched what we were feeding her and they went away after about a week.
Hi, which brand of gel did you use please and where can I buy it from? Thank you

· Registered
5 Posts
Try…
We had good success with chlorhexidine Gluconate shampoo with ketoconazole. The brand was Curaseb. It is anti fungal; anti bacterial; and anti yeast. 3x/week for 2-3 weeks than 1x/month. et might want her on a dose of antibiotics geared toward skin and bacterial infection as well. My seven year old male recovered well and he had them on his head; back and thighs. Check her for yeast in her ears and if she is licking her paws. Best if luck. I have observed it in numerous vizslas.

· Registered
1 Posts
We had that as well and mine responded well to Benadryl both gel and the pill - in two days everything disappeared but we continued with the pills for 4 more days - it was an allergic reaction probably food or environmental (blame on grass pollen since it was spring )

· Registered
27 Posts
Try…
We had good success with chlorhexidine Gluconate shampoo with ketoconazole. The brand was Curaseb. It is anti fungal; anti bacterial; and anti yeast. 3x/week for 2-3 weeks than 1x/month. et might want her on a dose of antibiotics geared toward skin and bacterial infection as well. My seven year old male recovered well and he had them on his head; back and thighs. Check her for yeast in her ears and if she is licking her paws. Best if luck. I have observed it in numerous vizslas.
Do you have a photo of what your V had, that you would be willing to share?
Did it look like the attached photos?
Comfort Food Fawn Snout Terrestrial animal
Gesture Comfort Human leg Wrist Wood
Dog Working animal Carnivore Liver Dog breed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts