Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our now 16 week old Viz, Disco, for a month and getting on brilliantly. We had already booked a weeks holiday which we’ve just returned from. Disco went back to our friends who were the breeders and spent a happy week there with his 2 siblings and Mum. He’s come home and doesn’t seem himself…very quiet and sleepy. Wants cuddles but not much energy at all and not interested in food. He was happy to see us and isn’t distressed, just seems blue?? Is this normal and if so, anything we can do to help him settle in again?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Us humans get post holiday blues - maybe its just that
had such a wonderful time away, just has to adjust back to the normal again.

How many times have I been away to come back to the daily grind and gone "wish i was elsewhere"?

Give it a couple of weeks, if still not himself then start asking questions (I am in no ways experienced in this, this is just my gut opinion)

·
Administrator
9,374 Posts
He’s probably just resting up from playing with his littermates all week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We go up pretty regularly to our cabin in the woods and she can be pretty "blue" for a day after we get back. I can't blame her really- she gets to run all day with no leash, chase all the woodland critters, and have all the sniffs. Back home it's just, well, home. 😃

·
Registered
Ellie
583 Posts
After Ellie spends time at her BFF's house when we go away, days of nonstop play and fun, she is always quite a drag when getting back home. I think its more of a recharge feature of the V, she needs a long and slow charge cycle on the battery to get it back to normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Was just panicking a bit! He was back to his usual self the next day and eating his food. Think he was just exhausted, he seemed quite pleased to be able to sleep without a brother or sister jumping on him.

have a nice weekend all x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts