Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 5 month old girl who is getting big fast! She is very well behaved in the house and follows all commands with no jumping. Out of the house is a different story. Although recall is very good outside, when she plays and runs around with other dogs she consistently bangs into peoples’ legs - sometimes runs straight into them. Sometimes it’s accidental as she’s running so chaotically she doesn’t look where she’s going but sometimes it’s almost on purpose! Is there a way to stop her playing around legs and create a safe distance? I’m worried she’s going to hurt someone.
She is also still VERY jumpy outside due to the over excitement - but never jumps in the house.
Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think it’s pretty normal as they don’t have full body awareness at this age. They want to be near people when playing and look at us, but guess what, you inherently go where you look! This is taught in motorcycle riding for us humans, look where you want to go not where you want to avoid. It is good practice to keep the knees slightly bent when puppies are racing all around you , in the event you are caught off guard your legs can more safely absorb the impact with less risk of anything bending the wrong way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts