What an ordeal! It was his first wellness visit with our vet, and he suggested we do it within the next 2 months. No nagging yet. I want to give him time to grow and mature properly before considering. Hopefully there will be no nagging and the decision will be understood.Our vet was insistent on neutering early 9-12 months. We were going to keep Milo intact for good, but we got a female V and were obviously concerned about our female getting pregnant. So Milo was neutered at 27-months of age.
Fast forward, we will not even consider spaying our female until her second heat or well into her second year of age. Was told by several knowledgable people with hunting breeds to wait at the very least 2-years of age so their bones structure can properly mature, etc.
To that end, our longtime vet kept annoying us at every visit with our female that we final gave in and switched vets. We simply couldn't convince her otherwise we wanted to wait and she us feel so uncomfortable at every visit so we simply moved on to one that would embrace our decision....fwiw.