Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this is my first post and already searching for help and experiences.
We've a 4 month old Vizsla in our family and are extremely happy with her. We're living in a suburb of Munich and every property has around a 300qm garden.
One of our neighbours owns a grown up Kangal, where we bypass on our daily walks. Normally we just walk by and I take care that she's not to close to the fence, but today I missed it for one second. My puppy had a sneak through the fence and was directly bit by the Kangal. Not only bit, she was stuck there for 10 seconds till the Kangal let her free.
We went to the doctor, she got stitched on nose and lips ;(
I wrote already an email to city of Munich about this happening, but not sure if they will do anything.
She will recover in the next 2 weeks, but I have the fear this will stay in her head and leave some aftereffects.
Is there anything I can directly do for her to help her to get over this?
Should we walk by in the next days for her daily routine or avoid the scenery?

thanks alot for any feedback

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
No, don't take her back there for awhile. There's no reason to risk setting off anxiety issues.
Take her to new places and new routes. Give it a few weeks, or months and then bring her back along the route with the Kangal.
Whatever you do, determine why she was able to get through the fence, and fix that issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts