Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Puppy for sale at pet store

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  texasred 
#1 ·
Found this baby girl at Bark Works pet store at the Cerritos mall. Breeder is David Brown. The store is selling her for 1500. For a vizsla pup she is not very responsive and looks depressed. Please spread the word....thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh, that's so sad! She probably hasn't been socialized & there's no telling how carefully she was bred - probably a genetic time bomb. The first instinct is to want to help her, but that just reinforces the puppy mill process.

Google "BarkWorks pet store at the Cerritos mall" - a bunch of douche bags, for sure! How can people do that?

#4 ·
Every time one of these puppies are purchased, it is replaced by another. Seeing a puppy mill vizsla in a pet store has to pull on your heart, but please don't purchase the puppy.

#5 ·
That just makes me sick....... I don't know what else to say. We took Dharma in to have her nails cut at PetSmart a few weeks ago and came home with 2 kittens. They were over run and had more coming in from another city that night. One of the 2 we brought home had coccidia quite badly. It is now being treated and is hopefully under control.

#6 ·
In my area petco and petsmart only have rescues up for adoption. They don't sell puppies,or kittens.. Instead they let rescue organizations have adoption days.
I don't patronize pet stores that sell puppies.

Hope your new kitty gets to feeling better.

#7 ·
3 of the 4 cats/kittens that we own have come from rescue agencies at PetSmart. They do an awesome job of fostering them and getting them healthy and finding the right homes for them. The money goes directly back to the rescue.
I don't go to pet stores that sell puppies or kittens either.
Does anyone know if this little girl has gone from the pet store yet? I can only imagine what her life might be like from here on in. Did the owner get the wrong breed? Will she be bounced from one owner to the next? What is her parentage? What is the reputation of her breeder? are there any behavioral or health issues............

#8 ·
I know we had one member that purchased a pet store vizsla. The pup was a few months old. It stayed sick and couldnt ever get well enough to receive it's immunizations, or be socialized. Sounds like most are just purchasing a lot of heartache. Maybe some of them get lucky.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.