Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently feeding our 12 week old male Vizsla Fromm Gold puppy food (not the grain free). He seems to like it fine but it seems to go right through him. He poops about 4-5 times a day. Does this seem normal? He is also very “wild”, much more than our previous V. We get that they are all different but I have read that some puppy food can cause this. Any similar experiences? Thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
+1 ours is on the Purina Pro Plan puppy, and I am looking for suggestions as well, as my tiny puppy is taking giant poops. Our other dog is on raw and has far smaller poop, which tell me the dog food is mostly waste. Want to keep puppy on puppy food for a bit and not go right to raw yet. So will be looking to see if you get suggestions. Also I am trying to avoid chicken, as our other dog has a poultry allergy, and figure its best to keep it out of the house.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
kibble has a lot of fillers, you would not give to your dog when feeding raw, hence they will cause the bigger amount of poop.. even the highest quality ones.
what is the reasoning of not switching to raw if you feed the other one already like that if I may ask? would it not be easier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts