Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to this forum so hi!
I have been researching V's for some months now and have starting looking for puppies/litters due. I have had a breeder get back to me today. I am currently doing my research on the dam and the sire. I have seen the puppies and they are extremely light in colour - not a deep russet gold like the mum. Ive seen a photo of the sire he does look lighter. my question is - will these puppies get darker in colour over time. Also I can see in some of the pics that there seem to be a few longer hairs on the pups and wondered if they wil become wired. I am going to have a look further in the lines behind the parents. but just wondered if anyone knew if this was normal. thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To see longer hairs in a pup would suggest a longer or wired haired coat. I'm not an expert but asking these questions before committing is wise.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The pictures can be sometimes misleading, and look as if the pups were to have longer hair. Is there a way you can post pictures?

Also i found that they can get darker when they loose the puppy coat, both of my boys did. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, if it’s any help my puppy was really fair, almost white. Both of his parents were not. He has become darker now that his puppy hair has gone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts