Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most Vizsla puppies are crazy and all bite but is there anything I should do when my 4 month old puppy is biting my 2 year old V? Jasper has given Bailey a few cuts on her side. I feel like Bailey does not correct him enough and feel that i should step in, should I? I want him to be good with dogs of all kinds and i don’t want him to get used to biting.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Bailey will more than likely correct Jasper when the time is right. It will be quick, threatening, very physical, and very loud, when it happens.
It's amazing how much an older dog will tolerate from a puppy, until the day they don't. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bailey will more than likely correct Jasper when the time is right. It will be quick, threatening, very physical, and very loud, when it happens.
It's amazing how much an older dog will tolerate from a puppy, until the day they don't. ;)
When the time comes there will be a correction.
Our 3 year old took the brunt of our now 1 year old sharkies.
They are best of friends. (although when they "fight" you would think they are killing each other!)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
When the time comes there will be a correction.
Our 3 year old took the brunt of our now 1 year old sharkies.
They are best of friends. (although when they "fight" you would think they are killing each other!)
I still remember the the day that Tika, had tolerated enough from Gunnr.
Quick as a snake she had the whole side of Gunnr's head in her mouth, and pushed/pinned, her into into a corner. I didn't even know her mouth could open that wide! That was the end of it.
They spent the next decade as constant companions.

·
Administrator
4,311 Posts
Ruby was brilliant with Elvis, he was a boisterous little sod, sharkies on her ankle whenever he got the chance, Rubes, bless her, tolerated it for so long with just a curling of her lip and a growl. When he was old enough to withstand a more physical correction she delivered it, nothing to severe, but he never bit her ankles again!...when the time is right Bailey will deliver ;)

Reactions: Gabica and texasred

·
Registered
84 Posts
I still remember the the day that Tika, had tolerated enough from Gunnr.
Quick as a snake she had the whole side of Gunnr's head in her mouth, and pushed/pinned, her into into a corner. I didn't even know her mouth could open that wide! That was the end of it.
They spent the next decade as constant companions.
An Airedale terrier corrected my V like that as a puppy. I think she just wasn’t fond of being jumped and clawed all over. Whenever he would do it she’d put his entire head in her mouth. Not violently. After doing that a few times he got the message! Her owner was terrified and very apologetic but I think she used just the right amount of force. She and other older dogs taught my V very good boundaries. He’s super polite today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts