Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are being stationed overseas in Germany. We are both pet lovers and now need to find homes for our loved ones. I really don't want to do this but would rather find a good home now that risk being forced to let him go when we get there and can't find a home because we have pets with us.

River is a Wire-haired Viszla, registered with the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association. His parents were directly from Hungary. He was born Nov 17, 2009. He is not neutered and is Micro-chipped. All I have to do is transfer the info to the new owner.

He shows an aptitude for hunting and tracking (as expected) and would make a great hunter's companion with some training. He is kennel broke, and house broken. His tail is un-docked.

I am not asking for any money, just cover shipping. I live in Southwest Louisiana. I can deliver up 100 miles in any direction or as far as San Antonio up to Sept 16th weekend. After 9/16 we will be on our way to Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I suggest contacting both South Louisiana Vizsla Club and Texas Gulf Coast Vizsla Club. Both of these clubs have rescue programs and should be able to help out placing River. PM me and I can get you the contact info for these folks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would also reach out to the Wirehaired Vizsla Club; in addition, Nancy Edmunds is a very reputable Wirehaired breeder, http://www.vizcayavizslas.com/, and I would consider contacting her for potential contacts, advice &/or recommendations. Good Luck to y'all & your friend River :'( Much appreciation to you & your wife for serving our country!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I was searching for Local Viszla Clubs but the link I found was a dead end. This helped. Thanks a lot for the info to Mrs Nancy. She called within minutes and is trying to help also. Thanks again, so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nancy Edmunds is going to take River in. She plans on showing and breeding him. I think he will be happy with her. Thanks for the recommendation. River thanks you too.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that! I was about to ask you if River was well socialized with children. I do not know, Nancy, personally, but she has a great rep; in addition, she is committed to the WH V. So glad this is going to work out! Again, best wishes & thanks for your service!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts