Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
221 - 240 of 287 Posts

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
For those of you learning about training dogs for hunting. While it makes for a pretty picture, I never should have let Shine run that close to Dottie in a bird field. Your just asking for something to go wrong. Having two dogs on point, that close to a bird puts a lot of pressure on them. It’s only natural that it’s brings out the competition in them, to compete for the bird against each other. We were very lucky that neither dog broke to take out the bird. I almost didn’t even take the picture, because I was worried about the consequences of them waiting a few more seconds.
Dottie was the one that stop first, so it was her bird to work. I lifted up Shine, and moved her behind Dottie. That way Dottie’s handler could flush the bird for her.
View attachment 104135
From today in the field.
Shine and Dottie

Reactions: rsarvis and Gabica

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
Picture of Shine during a hunt test. It was taken by a good friend that’s a photographer. I had to lower the quality of the photo to upload it to the forum.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Fawn

·
Registered
141 Posts
View attachment 104172 Happiest when he’s rolling around in the dirt or the sand. Anyone else’s do this ALL the time? I’ve probably reinforced the behaviour by laughing each time he does it but it’s honestly his happy place. Clown
That's all that matters ! Is their happiness! They will always love you their whole life.....This is why I love Dogs so much.....you could have the worst day and feel like absolute trash....But* they will always be ecstatic to see you and love you! I just wish that dogs could live as long as humans!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's all that matters ! Is their happiness! They will always love you their whole life.....This is why I love Dogs so much.....you could have the worst day and feel like absolute trash....But* they will always be ecstatic to see you and love you! I just wish that dogs could live as long as humans!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly… they’re so awesome. Otto comes back absolutely stinking after rolling in all sorts almost every walk but it’s HIS walk yano? So I don’t mind having to bath him every other time 😆 what’s the point in stopping him doing the gross dog things he loves when that’s like the highlight of his day! Small price to pay

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
Taken last week
Shine standing for what seemed like forever, while I tried to get the bird to flush from under a tree covered in large thorns. Took me a good 3- 4 minutes with it running back and forth, but I finally got it to flush.
Dog Carnivore Liver Working animal Fawn

221 - 240 of 287 Posts