Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby continues to be to the strange puppy. We took her to the dog park on sunday. They had areas for washing with hoses and plastic pool like tubs. She got in it following other dogs - and started peeing. I thought maybe I was seeing things and dumped the water. She did it three other times there. I brought her home and had her baby pool out. She went in there and did the same thing. She has been in the baby pool before and never saw her do it. Not sure if she learned this at daycare since they have pools there.

Not sure how to even correct this one? So strange. I don't want be the one where my dog pees in the pool...LOL

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Funny! I once had a Bluetick Coonhound named Elly Mae who would always stroll down into the lake to squat and take a pee! It was hilarious, because the entire lower half of her body would be under water, but you could tell she was peeing by her squat posture.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such silly dogs!! The other thing Ruby learned yesterday is to blow bubbles under water in the baby pool. She puts her nose and part of her muzzle fully under water.

I found her doing this today with her water dish. If she starts peeing in her water dish then we have issues...HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Roxie recently started peeing in the lake, river, creek anywhere we take her with water. For some reason the baby pool has been safe so far. I was shocked when I first saw her do this and was just hoping that no one else saw! I thought surely it was an accident and maybe she just REALLY had to go, but then she did it again another day! Since then I have paid attention to other dogs in the lake where we take her and to my surprise other dogs did this too. Not that it makes it right, but it made me feel like Roxie was a little less strange. I'm all ears for training her to use the grass though instead of the water. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
This is common in most breeds that like to swim. ;) Training them not to, will be a challenge. Focus on peeing on command. Once that is working, have her pee before going near the water. Then keep an eye on her (maybe leash also) and be prepaired to stop her and bring her back to where she peed before. Tell her to pee again, and praise her. Multiple iterations of this should do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts