Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That's infected. See the small circular wound? Then the redness and swelling? This needs some vet attention and meds.

·
Administrator
7,917 Posts
Vets don't have to know exactly what caused something, to treat a infection.
I keep miconahex + triz spray, and also keep vetericyn on hand. I use it on scrapes, cuts, bumps. Or anything that dogs want to lick, and could become infected.
I still take my dogs to the vet, if it does not improve, or becomes worse.
The things above can be used, along with your vets antibiotics. And absolutely nothing wrong with soaking the dog's feet in a Epson salt bath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys my pups got something going on with both hind paws. One more then the other. Posting photos. Any thoughts? As you see it gets better and worse
Hey, my 8 month puppy has the same issue. It seemed to go and then flare up again. Did you get to the bottom of your pups problem? I’d love to hear what advice you were given, we can’t make it to the vets until next week
Thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
It can be easily just the pup stepping into something and paw getting irritated. I use silver colloidal, sometimes antimicrobial spray. For infections of this type i have learned that epsom salt soak works miracles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts