Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this is a good place to make our first introductions. We got Penelope about a week ago at 7 weeks, and she is just the silliest little puppy. She loves to eat the veggies in our garden. Today she had her first thunderstorm and got to splash in puddles. She is so happy to chase the 3 cats in the house (they aren't too crazy about it.) And nothing is better than racing in to see if there is any cat food left in the bowls.

She is sleeping through the night quite nicely, doing her business outside as long as she's taken out on time, and thinks the sofa is a great place to sleep.

Penelope also has taken well to her crate at night (in our bedroom) and sleeps with her stuffed bunny in the living room in her bed there with no complaints.

Yup, she runs circles around us, licks us till we drip (put in a few nibbles, ouch,) but she sure seems happy and healthy and as lively as all can be.

She did go to the vet the day after we brought her home and goes back next week. The vet said she looks great.

Oh...and she love an empty water bottle with a few pieces of kibble in it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Penelope is beautiful!!!

Don't let her eat your cat's food though. Cat food is hard on a dog's kidneys(especially a young pup's)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes.

We haven't "let" her eat cat food, though she's cleaned out a few of the crumbles left in a bowl.

I'll have to pay better attention to that also. I figure if she's eating paper, plastic, dirt, branches, oh...and lava rocks (don't think she actually ate them) she can eat about anything. Cicada shells are a favorite too.

My goodness, they are crazy little monsters.

And no, I'm not "letting" her eat these things, she's just faster than I am.

·
Registered
299 Posts
LOL About 6 weeks ago I was at a fund raiser for our local animal shelter, the week before there had been a huge crawfish boil/fish fry and there were tons of shells left in the shavings at the arena It was awful trying to work an obedience drill, all Reba wanted to do was hunt for mudbugs!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, this little girl just makes us so happy. She has us totally wrapped around each of her paws. Today was a first bath, did okay with treats and now smells so pretty.

She is just so much fun.

10 weeks old today. Puppy Classes start later in August. She is so much calmer now but she tends to have 2 crazy energy bursts a day....the V-crazies I guess.

Newest favorite yummies are Cicada shells (probably live ones too) and still crunching on plants. She got sick yesterday, no clue what she ate, but she was definitely sick for a few hours there.

This girl is a total Hoover. It's actually quite scary.

Oh, the toilet paper now is up high on the shelves.

·
Registered
809 Posts
yeah, keep an eye on her and watch what she stuffs down here throat. They are fast little ones and will get faster as they get bigger.
Our guy ate a whole plastic lunch bag that had part of a sandwich in it still that he found in a park when he was quite young.
The bill to get that out later was not so fun. :eek:

Enjoy her and take lots of pics.
You'd be surprised how quickly they grow.... oh and don't worry if your hair turns grey in the meantime, I think it's part of the deal ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tali, we're in Roeland Park.

Penny just had a nice walk at the Antioch Park today, got to sniff her first goose poops and walk/drink mucky pond water (yuck.) She also got her first public doggy fountain water...she's such a good girl.

Also got a new collar at Petsmart as she's growing so fast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone, we are in the Plaza/UMKC/Brookside area of Kansas City.

Our V is just turning 7 months old. We frequent Penn Valley dog park on Saturdays.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When we visit my brother in K.C. we are at Penn Valley on a daily basis. Usually twice a day. There are some really nice people with Vs there. Nice dog park too. If your pup is spot on with returning to you, Shawnee Mission park on the Kansas side is great too. Big swimming area there. Watch out for some of the retrieving dogs there though. There were quite a few toy aggressive dogs the last time we went. Not something you want to deal with when you are trying to teach a pup good behavior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts