Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are new Vizsla owners, we got Ava when she was 8 weeks old, she is now 6 months. All her baby teeth are gone and she has been spayed. For some reason Ava won't stop biting, she jumps up and bites us on our backs, legs, arms, etc. There is no provocation for these nips if we turn our back while she is begging for food as we have been told to do she bites in the back or our butt!! Nothing seems to work, yelping did nothing, putting her in a time out in her kennel does nothing, we go for an hour long walk a day and she spends a lot of time playing in our yard so I don't think she is bored. She also grabs our shirt sleeves and pulls us places, and then bites our wrists with her entire mouth. Please help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, we have tried holding her mouth shut and she yelps but then bites as soon as we let go again ans jumps and bites as we walk away, she starts obedience school on Monday so maybe that will help as well. We say "no bite" while holding her mouth, but it has no effect. In general no means nothing to Ava, she has dug a mini hole in our carpet in the living room by pulling out the strands of carpet...it's amazing how fast she can get into trouble I am home with her most of the time and watch her like a hawk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.