Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vizsla owners!!! I really need your help!!!
I have a vizsla girl 6 month old, she is very friendly, loves kids and is gentle with other dogs. But lately, maybe two last weeks, at the off leash park, the dogs started to be very aggressive with her. It has never happened before, but now even her best dog friends are barking at her and very rough with her, biting her very hard. To the point that Nala is hiding behind us and is asking to go home. While before she was super excited to go to the park and play woth orher dogs. Maybe someone has any ideas or ever experienced anything similar. And information is very appreciated馃檹 Thanks

Registered
Ellie
It could be perhaps she is more on the submissive end of the scale and is not matured enough to "handle herself" when confronted with a play challenge. She's still very young but starting to grow out more from pure puppy mode and maybe the other dogs are expecting some rough play. She may not be into that kind of play and doesn't have the social skill to communicate "knock it off" to the other dogs. I'm no pro so I could be completely wrong here, just my 2 cents.

If the other dog are really being that rough bordering anti-social dog play and the owewrs are observing how Nala is reacting, I feel they should really step in to let their dogs know that is unacceptable behavior and crossing the boundary of dog play. In my opinion , if two dogs are rough playing with each other that is fine so long as it is play (like play growling, jumping, chasing, etc). If one dog is rough and the other is cowering trying to hide, I would step in if it was my dog being rough and tell her to knock it off with that dog and basically tone it down or go find something else to do or we leave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts