Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd ask here because there is a more geographically diverse group of people on here, then on the other message board I am on

We are looking at either going to Maine, Cape Cod, or the Jersey Shore for a week this summer. We really no nothing about any of these places, but just wanted someplace relatively close that we could either drive to (we live in the Greater Toronto Area) or fly to cheaply, that would give us access to the Ocean.

Anyone have any suggestions of areas to look at, or even better hotels to stay at?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wish I'd seen this earlier. But in case it's not too late--I can recommend the Duck Creeke Inn in Wellfleet on Cape Cod. Wellfleet in general is gorgeous.

·
Registered
307 Posts
ok i second cape cod.its a nice place although i know more about long island. port jeff Montaulk, long island sound,Its a very nice place.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It all depends on your interests. Maine is much less populated (in most areas) and can be cooler. Much more wild life and scenery. Jersey is very populated (in most areas) and the beaches are NOT free. The Cape is very nice, and I do visit Martha and Nantucket (1 hour boat ride) which are Very Upscale. :) If you're taking the dog; it's another set of variables that need to be considered. By far - Cap Cod is the place if your a couple looking for more sights and romance. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha I wish it was jsut me and my husband, the kids are tagging along with us. So there will be no romance :p The dog is not coming with us.

We decided to go to Maine, we are staying in Old Orchard Beach, which I've heard can be a madhouse, but we've got our own cottage at the quiet end of the beach, with plans to go a few other places within driving distance. We don't want it to be too busy but we need someplace with enough places to make the kids happy and for the kids to eat.

If we don't like it, I think we will try CapeCod next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts