Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
This is normal puppy play for the breed. So when your new little darling snaps, snarls, leaps at your face and bites the living fire out of you. Just know your puppy is not aggressive, this is how they played for weeks with their littermates.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
This is normal puppy play for the breed. So when your new little darling snaps, snarls, leaps at your face and bites the living fire out of you. Just know your puppy is not aggressive, this is how they played for weeks with their littermates.
I wish this could be pinned on the front page. so important for new puppyowners to be aware.

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Heifer’s first hotel stay. Tomorrow is a training day for her and Shine. Well mostly for Shine, but good socialization for Heifer.
Dog Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Collar

Dog Wood Flooring Floor Gas

Dog Carnivore Wood Comfort Floor

Dog Comfort Dog breed Human body Ear

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Heifer following Shine in for a swim.
Beautiful technical ponds on the property, owned by Pin Oak kennels.
Water Plant Sky Water resources Ecoregion

Water Water resources Sky Plant Natural landscape

Water Water resources Plant Bird Natural landscape

Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape

Water Plant Water resources Bird Natural landscape

Water Plant Water resources Sky Natural landscape

Water Water resources Sky Plant Watercraft

Water Sky Water resources Plant Ecoregion

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Heifer getting some practice on her self stacking with @Gabica
Dog Tire Wheel Vertebrate Dog breed

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
She got busy! she had to teach me how to position myself in order to make her stack the best. Also she had to carry the spray bottle to me every time she got thirsty and had to show me how to hold the bottle to spray it correctly into her mouth. No miracle that she ended up falling asleep on the floor in the end. Hang in there precious girl, us humans may not be as fast and smart as you are, but we are catching on, promise! well, I wish I could tell ya that my looks will be matching yours one day, but there is no hope in that area. :love:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Heifer visited me again, what a bundle of joy to play with her.
Her self stack is near perfect now and if I need to set her back feet a bit, she does not fuss about it all. Her mom thought her to WAIT for the treat (she loves yummy freeze dried treats), so that you an hold it out for her and she remains stacked. She can now also spin and twirl, those are very helpful, so I started practicing running in a circle, as usually that causes most dogs a challenge. Not for Heifer, she was reading the body clues from me so well that she even remained trotting - many times dogs either pull away in the circle or lean towards you bumping their body against your knee and they eventually start pacing. And she is still the loving and kissing self, here and there an ear nib involved, but she quickly pulls back once I do a drama queen yelp.
We use plenty of treats and toys and whenever she wants to go to the grass to explore, she can. Puppies have a short span of focus, so while repetition is important, after 2-3 times of doing the same, we switch to something else.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
She loves coming over to visit with you.

Reactions: Gabica
41 - 49 of 49 Posts