Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We have just got our first puppy 4 days ago. His name is Enzo he is 10 weeks old. He is such a clever little dog already however any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated! We both work full time and once he has had his 2nd injections in two weeks we are thinking of taking him to a dog sitter for the days my partner is in work (I work Monday - Friday 9-5 and he works shifts ) she is a relative of my sister in law so I know that he will be going somewhere safe. Any tips on crate training and help with night times please? I'm starting to look like a zombie 馃槀 thanks in advance!! I have attached photos of our beautiful little boy. Xx

Attachments

Registered
It really does get easier! We're a few weeks in. If you have a small bathroom that fits the crate comfortably, I'd recommend setting him up in there. That way you don't have to close the crate door on him and let him out of the crate. Our girl would pee in her crate at night, so letting her roam around and have access to a pad helped. It also stopped her whining for the most part, but she may have just outgrown her anxiety. Beautiful boy btw! Best of luck :D

Registered
Fasten your seat belt, he will change your life forever.

Put the crate in your room so he knows you're close. Use it regularly even when you are home so he gets used to it as something other than confinement and loneliness.

Registered
Hello

Enzo is lovely!! We are due to get Otto in March (he's due any day now).
I wanted to know how you are getting on with the crate training a few months in?
If you could give me any tips as we are in a very similar situation - my boyfriends works Monday - Friday, I am a Nurse working shifts, but not nights or weekends, just daytime 12 and a half hour shifts, so I do have days off in the week but on other days we were thinking the same as you - Doggy day care or my parents do not live far away and are willing to help.

I hope you are all doing well.

Look forward to hearing from you

Katie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts