Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I am delighted to introduce Finnegan "Finn", the new addition to my life (as of May 23rd). He has been an amazing and fulfilling canine companion thus far. I have been surrounded by 2 dogs in the family home continuously throughout my life (german shepherds) and let me just say, and I am convinced Vizslas (Wirehaired/Smooth) are a different species 馃槀

Now, story time...

My twin brother introduced me to his 6 month old Vizsla, Mila in March of this year, and I fell head over heels with the breed. I love their velcro nature, but I also love their rambunctious and diva ways. (much like myself, I must say). Very different from any other breed I've encountered. And I have owned several dogs, volunteered at dog shelters, etc. My brother had recently acquired his second pup (Wirehaired Vizsla named Phoebe) and informed me due to an unfortunate series of events that there was a boy remaining in the litter. As I have come to find out, Wirehaired/Smooth Vizslas are VERY hard to come by as breeders have waiting lists spanning a 1-2 years. I was letting the decision of getting a puppy marinate in my mind (I just graduated pharmacy school, was in the process of moving, studying for board exams, etc.). 2 weeks had gone by and my brother told me this pup was still available. I was completely floored as I thought he'd be gone in a heartbeat. I then proceeded to call the breeder and inquire on this pup. Needless to say the next day I rented a car, booked a hotel room, and headed to Georgia from Chicago with my sisters to pick up my forever companion. BEST decision I have ever made. Makes me smile and laugh like no other. Also gets me more active. Win, win! Finn's AKC name is Vauxhall's "Someday" (Moon River litter). This will always resonate and touch my heart, as the fact that he was still available and came into my life was nothing but fate, as he was waiting for the day to find his match. It is also awesome that my twin brother and I, being states apart, own "twins" from the same litter and can share this experience together.

Finn is now almost 5 months old (born March 9, 2020). Getting up there in weight (was 39.5# at his 4 month vet visit). He has surpassed every milestone imaginable in the last 2.5 months I've had him. He still has a difficult time not pulling on leash (we're working hard on that one.. at least trying to), and barking for food/going outside. He has definitely presented challenges (super dramatic, steals slippers and socks to grab my attention, complains to go outside after he just came in, etc.), but other than those trying times, he is very smart and has made basic training easy as pie (very thankful for this). He's that special 'once in a lifetime' kind of companion, and I can't wait to share more and contribute with you all here! 馃

P.S. this forum has helped me out a TON. Thank you to all that contribute. The support really goes a long way. Amazing community!

Below are some pics of my little stud muffin.

Registered
Handsome boy.
I've only ever had smooth coated Vizsla's, but the Wirehaired's have always caught my attention. They're kind of special.
Have lots of fun with him!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Handsome boy.
I've only ever had smooth coated Vizsla's, but the Wirehaired's have always caught my attention. They're kind of special.
Have lots of fun with him!!
Thank you! He鈥檚 definitely a little sassy fireball, so I鈥檓 sure there鈥檚 more fun to come 馃
I鈥檓 actually looking to get a smooth when Finn is 1.5/2 years old! And Vizslas in general are all very special, most intriguing breed I鈥檝e come across!! At times training is extremely trying, but rewarding once you see how far they鈥檝e come. Can鈥檛 wait to own more!

Registered
oh my a wired fuzzy face pup, lovely. seems like you guys are a good match and it must be special to share twins with your twin brother.

my younger one Miksa has loved to steal socks and clothes pieces from puppy hood and has never wanted to stop this behavior so i turned it into a help me with laundry game. now he gets to carry dirty socks to the washing machine:). u may want to try that, if your pup offers that behavior naturally, it is a lot of fun and he never chews on my stuff.

Administrator
welcome to "the dark side" of wirehaireds :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts