Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been on the forum for a couple of months now trying to gain as much information and tips on raising a vizsla puppy and she finally arrived on Friday morning!

We named her Mischa (Mee-sha) and wow - whenever people posted issues about their puppies, for example crying in the crate, I knew it would be bad but now I fully understand! My boyfriend Dennis and I have not slept since we got her. She's extremely friendly. We were worried socializing might be difficult but it is the complete opposite. Her little nubby tail is wagging furiously when someone stops to give her attention. Here are some pics I also posted on the photo competition. :)

I love her jowels in this pic!

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a doll baby! :) Congrats on your new pup..... keep the faith the crying will get better.... I know right now it doesn't seem like it but it will.

I love looking at all the new V puppies coming on board and it makes me
shake my head over how my 9 month old girl could have grown so fast, it seems like only yesterday that she was 8 weeks old and 10 pounds...

As each day progresses you will be more in love with your baby then the day before. Just try to maintain your patience and know that some days are going to be better than others and enjoy every minute with your new V! ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Socialization is the Vizsla's middle name. I read somewhere that they are called "Everybody's Dog". That is certainly the case with our two. When we go to the dog park they have to visit with every human and every dog in the park. Gotta love 'em! :D :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there's anything I've learned from these forums, it's patience, patience, patience lol.

It's funny, when I'm holding her she's calm and quiet. But as soon as she's up and about playing, and all of a sudden she smells liver treats, it's like she's possessed! She goes into turbo mode. Her head is sniffing the area and darting left and right like a squirrel, she's running around like a mad puppy. Pretty funny to see!

We have a few nicknames for her already: Satan, Satan's Spawn, Satan's Minion, Beast of Burden - we call her all of these affectionately of course. ;D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tizane's a year and a couple of months now. For the most part she is a great dog. But she does have her moments and then she becomes "IT" or "Insane" or my favorite "Your Dog" That's what my husband calls her when he phones me after he has chased her for thirty minutes trying to get his sock or wallet or shoes etc. As in "Your Dog" took off with my wallet again. Then I sweetly remind him that she can remove anything that is not nailed down and even some things that are. You gotta love these dogs though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
How funny, Merc is also known as "your dog" on occasion..... Of course "my dog" doesn't climb on the couch, steal socks etc etc.

I can't believe how fast they grow up - physically at least. I've now been told that merc might be 5 before he starts acting anything resembling grown up ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts