Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am the proud new “co-parent” of Dame. My wife and I are about to send off the last child to college, and Dame is filling the void nicely. My wife just commented this morning that she had never seen so many sunrises! It’s hard to believe that just 8 weeks ago we flew to South Dakota, and drove our new baby home to Atlanta. The first night, pretty much no sleep in the hotel in St Louis. We got her from Tate and Jenny Martinsen, who have been super helpful during these early weeks. Dame is all we were hoping she’d be, for sure. This was supposed to be my dog, but the wife and her have fallen in love, and Thank God, what one person could work all day AND care for a V puppy? She’s been excellent in a crate, and has one at my office, bedroom and den. Finally she’s big enough not to be able to step through our backyard fence, wow is she a retrieve monster, so fast. Only vet concern so far……two urinary tract infections requiring antibiotics so far. I sure hope that problem works its self out. Jenny told me it’s kinda common with female Vs. Anyway, loving the V world…..she’s a hiking fool also, follows me through knee deep water with current, no problem….strong swimmer (seems to chill easily after water, tho). We are V smitten here in Atlanta and hope to make her into a quail hunting machine soon.

·
Administrator
8,702 Posts
Congratulations on your new pup.
I’ve owned 3 female vizslas. Everyone of them had one or two uti’s as a puppy. None of them had a problem with them reoccurring, or in adulthood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, that is very reassuring. The Martinsens strongly recommended a heat cycle to help with this (and other stuff). Haven’t ever been through that with a dog, so wish me luck! She’s a lover, and a crazy bite machine (we were warned and mentally prepared)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh my, she's very pretty!!
I've also had two females ,and they too suffered from UTI's as puppies.
keep that retrieve work going and get her on some Quail as soon as possible. She's more than ready!
That you flew to South Dakota, and then drove her back to Atlanta... Well done!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts