Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have enjoyed reading the forums. I am looking for a new Vizsla so have been especially interested in the breeder recommendations.
My loyal V “Amos” died suddenly last November at 11 1/2. Splenic bleeding likely due to hemangiosarcoma according to my vet. It all happened very quickly and I don’t think Amos suffered at all. We logged many happy miles together over hill and dale and I miss him terribly. He was a good boy.
I do have another Vizsla “”Shiloh” who is 10 1/2. He doesn’t seem to miss his brother very much but he would benefit from a companion.
My first choice is a puppy but I would consider a rescue/return to breeder. Those seem to be far and few between?
Amos came from Widdershins in Maine and Shiloh came from Copper Creek in Massachusetts. I’ve been in touch with both Wendy and Patsy and both have recent litters. All spoken for of course.
I’m not in any rush but I’m ready for a new V. Appreciate your recommendations or advice.

Thanks
—-Bill—-

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello Bill. Welcome and very sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put my 13-year old Lab down in April and it's never easy.

Are you looking for a male or female? The breeder I got my two V's from has a litter on the ground (had 11-pups and a lot of females) and has 3-females available as of Friday.

Lmk if I can help in any way. Or as you stated, you have two reputable breeders in your general location if you can wait.

Best of luck......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks teegee26. I am looking for a male but I would consider a female. Would you be able to forward your breeders contact info?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks teegee26. I am looking for a male but I would consider a female. Would you be able to forward your breeders contact info?

Thanks
Bill

Here you go Bill. He's V's are incredible: http://vizslas.co/ (Rick Mitchell)

FWIW. We've had males all our lives, including our first V now 2-1/2 years old. We now have a 9-month old female V and she is a wonderful addition. Every bit as good as our male. She does everything and goes everywhere with our male.

Good luck

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts