Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a couple weeks since we picked up our new Vizsla puppy. Luckily I have had the fortune of having most of it off and have been full timing with him. Happily, he is mostly potty trained now, whining to go out at the door. Whew.

I had posted earlier;
http://www.vizslaforums.com/index.php/topic,3095.0.html
about anxiety over getting a V with white feet. When I arrived to pick up the pup, I was told that someone had spoken for the booted boy. As it turned out, the other male (that came to me right away and then repeatedly as I was watching the pups) would have been my choice.

It is nice for us having a fur-buddy in the house again. Slowly, as all our attention is demanded, as we invest again in our new friend, our sorrow is replaced with new joy. Joy that cements us to the gift that was our Zeppelin, and our new gift who is Tazman.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! He looks like he's gonna be a big boy - he is much thicker than my 7 month old female has ever been.

Everytime I see a picture of a Vizsla I'm struck by what beautiful dogs they are. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry to pull this four year old post back up but I wanted some continuity.

I have **totally** disappeared from the forums. The only reason: I (we (my wife and myself)) have been living/loving our life with Taz. He has changed our lives and become the *best* canine companion we have ever had.

I can't say enough for him and I can't say enough about the breed. We will never get another breed.

Recently we had a scary thing happen to our "best friend". He was lucky to survive. It has been over a month now and he is recovering nicely. He has never complained, is **totally** trusting, and we feel even more fortunate. What spirits they are!

So that we didn't forget, I wrote down on a web page what happened.

I kept thinking other V owners might be interested in what happend and it might compel others to provide "chest protectors" for their dogs when "in the field". Taz will be wearing one!

Here is the link to the story. --> https://jotrefs.pagenic.com/tazAccident/

·
Administrator
4,174 Posts
makes me cringe, Taz has been very lucky, obviously unlucky initially. Ruby did something very similar a few months ago although her wound was nowhere near as horrific as Taz's, but bad enough for my to fear I'd "lost" her at one point.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That really is an eye open, and has been one of my greatest fears. We spend a lot of time in the back country where human medical aid is hours away, so care for the pup is even further. This easily could of happened to our boy.

I am now researching chest guards, so thank you for sharing your story! I'm so glad your boy is on the mend and back to enjoying the outdoors.

·
Registered
343 Posts
god what a nightmare! So relieved Taz is on the mend. Other readers be forewarned... the post is great, but there are some graphic images, so prepare to scroll quickly if you're squeamish

·
Administrator
7,999 Posts
So glad the story ends with Taz healing up. These dogs bring such joy to our lives, and leave us way to soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you for sharing this!
So happy Taz is healing up and hopefully he will be running like a maniac in his chest guard soon :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts