9,374 Posts
He’s a doll.

Reactions: Milowinger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you put bed in the crate?
I have a rubber cushioned liner that covers the entire bottom of the crate and on top of that I have a thin bed. He just wants to be out with me and must be put in the crate. I actually have 2 crates, one in the bedroom for nighttime, and one in the living room for when I need to put him in to get things around the house done. He fights going into both. I have no choice but to put him in for short periods during the day and he is very vocal about not liking it. This has been my biggest issue so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm retires so I have basically been spending all my time with him. I am also single so it's difficult when there is no other person to keep an eye on him for the times when I need to do basic things. It only takes a minute for him to start chewing on the couch so I really can't leave him at this point for any length of time loose in his pen. The couches are inside the pen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does he actually go to sleep though?
We leave ours in our kitchen (its not very big) with her crate, and whilst we have seen she goes into her crate and chews, she doesnt fall asleep 😞

We will get there, as want to be able to leave her for a few hours alone in the not too distant future - for our own sanity

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does he actually go to sleep though?
We leave ours in our kitchen (its not very big) with her crate, and whilst we have seen she goes into her crate and chews, she doesnt fall asleep 😞

We will get there, as want to be able to leave her for a few hours alone in the not too distant future - for our own sanity
Yes now that I removed the bed he goes into the crate and falls asleep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts