Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have a 2/12 year old female vizsla. We are planning to get a second. Originally we thought we should get another female to avoid any dominance issues but when we spoke to our breeder she said that a male would actually be better to avoid dominance.

Does anyone have experience with two vizslas? Particularly having a female first and then getting a second.

Thank you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well we got the male first and there he was on 10 months when we got her but as you can tell by the picture below they get along famously! Best move we ever made. She calmed him down significantly.

Love 'em!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
We had thought the same thing. We have a 3 year old female and a 4 month old male, they fight, they play and they love eachother... i advice getting a second, a male will be fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sasha was our first V. She was 1 before we decided to get another dog. We chose another female. Sami is a V mix and about a year older than Sasha. Sami was a rescue and had puppies, so we knew from her foster home that she was VERY motherly and that's what we wanted for Sasha...someone to "mother/love" her.

We let them figure out the pecking order. Sasha THINKS she is the Alpha female, but it's really Sami. She just lets Sasha think that she is in charge. ;D

My ex has Sasha and Sami full time at his house, but I see them all the time.

In my house, I have an almost 5 yr old Weim female and a 17 mos. old male V. Sadie is DEFINITELY in charge and Max knows it. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts