Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, I'm guilty. I use the "poison," as you called it. 8)

Advantage.

I use it because it kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice and repels biting flies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that there are alternatives and maybe we should use them because they are effective and better for the dogs. Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would like to know alternatives as am a fan of natural remedies.
I have heard of a little garlic before for ticks and fleas.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm happy to use them if they work. Do you have one you recommend? Every natural bug spray I have tried for humans does not work, & they don't prevent some of the more serious disease transmissions; therefore, I happily spray with deet based products ;) I have used some type of eucalyptus concoction on my dachshund, and the following day she looked like a swollen wharf rat she had been bitten so many times and reacted to the oils. I am not arguing for "poison" by any means; however, just because a product is "natural" does not mean it can't be harmful. Natural products can still adversely interact with medicines & cause allergic reactions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BamBam said:
I would like to know alternatives as am a fan of natural remedies. I have heard of a little garlic before for ticks and fleas.
kellygh said:
I'm happy to use them if they work. Do you have one you recommend? I am not arguing for "poison" by any means; however, just because a product is "natural" does not mean it can't be harmful. Natural products can still adversely interact with medicines & cause allergic reactions.
I agree with both above posts.

Give us the info Linescreamer! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
http://www.kybritor-kreations.com/furryfriends.html

Here is a website from a lady in florida whose doggie balm, shampoo and lotions i have used to help fleas, dry skin and other skin irritants. It works quite well! My family has been using it for years and it really helps with fleas, especially the balm after a bath :D

and its all natural :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im not too sure about ticks n such as im not a hunter nor do i go in the woods much but the peppermint oils and garlic are supposed to act as a repellant which helped the most for my dog with the mosquitos in Florida (when I lived there). The email address of the maker is [email protected] if youd like to ask her!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone should have an answer to the fea and tick problem or are we really still in the voodoo stage? I have read all the posts I can find and there is no concensus at all on anything that works reliably...weather it be natural or the "poison" stuff. Have I missed anything?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Slightly off topic but how often are you using whatever it is you use to repel fleas etc? During the winter months I only worm, don't use any anti flea stuff. In the summer, every 3 months for both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts