Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm debating between rosco or bodhi for my new male pup. I'm taking suggestions and votes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
See what his personality is like. It will come to you. We originally named our Vizsla Hunter. He seemed like he hated it and our other dog is Tucker, he became confused so we had to brainstorm again and came up with Nash, the hockey player. And he seems to love it. He gets excited and bounds when you say it. With hunter he would shake his head like he was killing a toy.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I like Bodhi, but waiting until you get him/spend time with him is a good idea. Roscoe is not my fave, in all biased honesty, because it makes me think of a toothless chow-chow that used to live up the road from us :D He was a sweet boy, but the name makes me think of him, and he is the antithesis of anything vizsla. Congrats on your pup!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bodhi is a great name! However, I'm biased...

I believe there is another "V" with the name Bodhi in Pennsylvania. We're in Hawaii.

We traditionally name our pets after trees (gender neutral in most cases) and our "V" pup was born on Buddha's birthday and the Buddha was enlightened under the Bodhi tree. So we figured it was the perfect name as our "V" has enlightened us in the way of dog and has been, in most cases, a Bodhisathva.

Best,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts