Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vizslas are so intelligent it is crazy. I had a person once tell me that she likes her dogs dumb and I didn't really get it until I had a Vizsla. He knows our schedule, his schedule and is now adjusting. As an example, in the morning I usually get up and take him off-leash in the woods for an hour. Then he roams around the house while we get ready for work and get the kids out the door. After that time, I get his food ready and put it in his crate until a little before lunch (we still don't trust him in the house even though he is 19 months now). He used to leave burn marks on the floor to get into his crate right away for the food. But now he knows he is in there until lunch and refuses to go in at all. I have to coax him with treats and even a leash sometimes. He also knows that after dinner the family plays with him on the living room rug. A different game each time, but we are pretty consistent with it. Once he sees the first person get up from the table he runs over to the living room rug, gets out a couple of his toys from his bin and lies on the floor with them just waiting for us.

I honestly feel like if I forget something, he would be right behind me with my car keys or the kids lunch. Truly amazing.

·
Registered
Ellie
586 Posts
I can confirm, they are experts at understanding our behaviors and routines. I believe the velcro trait has a lot to do with it. They spend every waking minute observing everything we do, calculating the momments where they can "insert" themselves in. They figure out the most optimal milliseconds of our day where they are able to capitalize on velcro and fun activities!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I can confirm, they are experts at understanding our behaviors and routines. I believe the velcro trait has a lot to do with it. They spend every waking minute observing everything we do, calculating the momments where they can "insert" themselves in. They figure out the most optimal milliseconds of our day where they are able to capitalize on velcro and fun activities!
this is so well put. they seem to want to hoover around all the time and step in with help if needed. sure enough, very often it is, we just don't even think about it.:geek:. always listen to your vizsla as my beloved breeder used to say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts