Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Forum Members,
I have mentioned in some of my posts that I grew up with a Vizsla and it goes without saying that that is why I have our Blaze today. My family had one of the earlier V's imported to Canada. Well my father, who was beyond thrilled when i decided to get my V has been searching for Pete's papers ever since Blaze arrived 2 years ago,in vain. -He thought my mom threw them out! He recently found and brought them to me. Fascinating! I always remembered his parents names but it is quite something to see his ancestry documented. The sire was Rakk Selle, Dam, Osborne's Flaming Arrow. The "grandparents" were Rex Selle and Asta Olca, And Osborn's Golden Archer and Osborn's Atomic Lady. Pete was named Osborn's Pete Raksel Flarow, Born Oct,1, 1965 bred by I.S. Osborn in LeSueur, Minnesota, U.S.A. In my research of Pete's ancestry on line, I have been unable to find anything on that particular litter. But here it all is on a tattered Canadian Kennel Club document. This was just so interesting to me that i had to share with fellow V owners. Have any of you had a Vizsla "Way Back Then"?
Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dixie's Mom:) I think i have looked at those sites before and came across the names of Pete's parents and grandparents but as I said , could not find Pete's litter. I actually cried when Dad gave me the papers. I have such great memories of that dog. He was a huge part of my life as well as the rest of my sibs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just another interesting tidbit for ya'. On this date 60 years ago the first documented vizslas were brought into this country. Last week at the national specialty, VCA celebrated 50 years of being in the AKC.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Blaze

Your Dad was definitely one of the few people at that time in the US/Canada that had, or even knew what a Vizsla was. Definitely cool. 8) I recognize a few of those lines from Boggs' first edition book on the Vizsla.
I think that the best way to get any additional info would be to contact the VCA directly. The records may have never been entered into a database due to their age. I wonder if there is a way to contact Osborn's descendants?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gunnr,
Have you the book "Versatile Vizsla" by Marion I. Coffman? There is a picture of Rakk Selle on page 16. This is a wonderful book to own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts