·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June Cash’s Ring Of Fire
February 4, 2010
May 18, 2021
068754D2-9F28-40AD-9510-06A6F73D0F0A.jpeg

June came into my life one week after my father passed away. She helped me through my grief, and I will be forever grateful for her companionship. As a tiny puppy she slept on my head, across my pillow at night. She was a bossy little pup, and appointed herself as mama's girl.
She loved the company of other people, but never felt she need to follow their rules. If you weren't her mom, she would give you the sideways glance. Then totally ignore that you said anything to her.
If it was for treats, or butt rubs that was a different story. You would get the full body tail wag, with her rooing to you.
She was my ride around town, truck dog.
My napping buddy, and she could take up half of a king size bed.
Over the years her dark golden coat became light. A lot of sugar on her face, and paws.
This last year she started showing her age, but never lost her bossy nature.
We knew we were going to lose her, when she was diagnosed with lymphoma. Tuesday morning there were signs the cancer had progressed. The vet said to bring her right in, so he could check her. The cancer was starting to cause problems with her organs. She was going to start being in pain, he said it was time to let her go.
My husband and I sat on the floor with her, and she gave us tons of kisses. She was sedated and laid in our arms. She peacefully crossed over and gained her wings.
C51DAA45-926F-4751-A71A-670EC7354649.png
A4398393-77D7-4AA7-9673-7A341BDDFB1B.png CADAB01F-DA7C-4B71-BA7E-CFEB8FB1C660.jpeg

Reactions: PhilipL

·
Registered
131 Posts
You have have my family's condolences. Always remember the good times, and honor her by keeping her memories with you while she waits on the other side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
June Cash’s Ring Of Fire
February 4, 2010
May 18, 2021
View attachment 103408

June came into my life one week after my father passed away. She helped me through my grief, and I will be forever grateful for her companionship. As a tiny puppy she slept on my head, across my pillow at night. She was a bossy little pup, and appointed herself as mama's girl.
She loved the company of other people, but never felt she need to follow their rules. If you weren't her mom, she would give you the sideways glance. Then totally ignore that you said anything to her.
If it was for treats, or butt rubs that was a different story. You would get the full body tail wag, with her rooing to you.
She was my ride around town, truck dog.
My napping buddy, and she could take up half of a king size bed.
Over the years her dark golden coat became light. A lot of sugar on her face, and paws.
This last year she started showing her age, but never lost her bossy nature.
We knew we were going to lose her, when she was diagnosed with lymphoma. Tuesday morning there were signs the cancer had progressed. The vet said to bring her right in, so he could check her. The cancer was starting to cause problems with her organs. She was going to start being in pain, he said it was time to let her go.
My husband and I sat on the floor with her, and she gave us tons of kisses. She was sedated and laid in our arms. She peacefully crossed over and gained her wings.
View attachment 103409 View attachment 103410 View attachment 103411
I read your post with a lump in my throat. Condolences to you and your family, June was clearly dearly loved. X

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am so, so, very sorry for your loss.
We only get to have them for such a short time, but their light burns so bright.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm so very sorry you have lost this sweet girl. June clearly such a loving and loved Vizsla. What great times had and you will meet again one day.

·
Super Moderator
961 Posts
I remember your stories of her catching nutria. A 15lb animal that she would catch underwater! What a fearsome hunter she was. Their time with us is so short, but so much fun.

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
June inspired me to write this poem in 2019.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I'm poked in the ribs by my vizsla's feet.
I cover my ears just a little bit more.
Try to muffle the vizsla snore.
No alarm clock needed for me.
A lick on my face, means she needs to pee.
As I sit bleary eyed, and run my hand across my head.
She is nowhere to be found, she is back in my bed.

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember your stories of her catching nutria. A 15lb animal that she would catch underwater! What a fearsome hunter she was. Their time with us is so short, but so much fun.
June with her prize.
She kept putting her head underwater, searching for them. I didn’t know there was Nutria in that pond. I kept telling her silly girl, there’s no nutria in there. I’m not sure why we ever doubt a dogs nose, as they prove us wrong every time.
E3A55367-A9DA-4F50-9CE4-541335DB7B26.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she had a wonderful life and now she will rest easy, waiting for you on the other side of the bridge...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts