Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is 35lbs and she is starting to look too boney. O know the breed is slim but she is definitely on the low weight side. She was the runt of a litter of 10 puppies. She has not had her first heat yet. I feed her about 5 cups a day of PPP puppy large bread. I do exercise her properly for her age and bread (twice a day and the early walk about 1.5 hrs and 4 miles approximately). Any advise is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
It's very hard to know without a picture - appearance is the best/only way to tell. Could you post a couple - with her standing to show spine & hips?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree, photos would be helpful. I have an almost 10 month old girl who is 34 lbs. Can see her ribs but I wouldn’t call her boney. I can tell that she will be petite. Your girl might just be on the smaller side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also another thought..My friend’s Vizsla at 10 months was not gaining weight and was very skinny with hip bones showing etc. My friend took Remi to the vet and found out that she had worms. Once that problem was taken care of plus a switch in her food ( suggested by vet ) she started to gain some weight. She looks great now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts