Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 3 months, he doesnt like his crate till rencently I got him a crate bed and remove the divider.
Now in most of the mornings he doesnt want to get out from the crate. He wakes up whining at around 8ish, then he would lay there want me to pet him and wont come out from the crate, I have to carry him out from the crate to take him out potty then back in the house to get myself ready for a walk but my pup refuses to get up again, most of the days he just lay in the crate and sleep more, even I offer treat or breakfast for him to come out from the crate.
Should I just let him be? Wait him to get up at 10ish, walk then breakfast? I can carry him now but he is getting bigger I definitely cant carry him soon.

·
Administrator
8,421 Posts
Try just opening the crate door, then ignoring him. If you plan on doing a walk right after. Just close the crate door when he goes out to potty.
How much are you walking him?
Any chance your over doing it, and he's just tired?

Reactions: The Leo and ana19

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try just opening the crate door, then ignoring him. If you plan on doing a walk right after. Just close the crate door when he goes out to potty.
How much are you walking him?
Any chance your over doing it, and he's just tired?
Thanks! I walk him quite a lot but at his pace, he can walk 30mins x 2 times a day, sometime even an hour each. He goes to sleep at around 11pm - midnite, he does nap during the day and evening for total about 5-6 hours only, maybe I didn't give him enough time to sleep after you mentioned, I will let him sleep longer then and walk when he is ready.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If he isn’t ill, I’d definitely leave him in there. Mine was the same way for several weeks and then she had growth spurts and now she’s the high-energy V that I was expecting. Enjoy the down time - again, only if you’re sure he’s healthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts