Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
John, those pics of Topo and Doc on your cover page are both heartbreaking, and amazing.

Can't believe someone would let any pups be so neglected--glad you folks were there to help save those pups!

Mike & Laika :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You bet. This rescue deals with Missouri, and Kansas. However, our coordinator (Meghan Tallman) is the South Central Regional Coordinator and she covers the following states... (Mo, Ks., Ark., Ok., Tx, Ky., La)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laika said:
John, those pics of Topo and Doc on your cover page are both heartbreaking, and amazing.

Can't believe someone would let any pups be so neglected--glad you folks were there to help save those pups!

Mike & Laika :)
Thanks. There was an entire litter, I believe that was in that condition. All recovered and were adopted out. It worked out well. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to thank Datacan for making a donation to our rescue. I assure you it will go to good use. We appreciate his generosity!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Perfect to me

Stand up stuff we need ;)

The great handler, trainer and show man Warren Eizmen on birds

firestormbirddogs.com

He cares so much as well for Reds

All of you a big Thanks and job and effort ;)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
V-John, bless your heart for the work that you do!! And a heartfelt thanks to everyone involved in rescue!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
V-John, those pictures are truly shocking what sort of animal treats such noble Vizslas like this :-\ it really is a sad sick world, but the work you all do, is so much worth it if it saves these wonderful animals.. ;).is there anyway of setting up a paypal account so we could send donations from the forum...Rob and Darcy..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow! What a tear-jerker video! V-John, you guys did awesome!

After watching that video I'm leaving work early to go pick up H from daycare early and take him to the park and love on him!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
V-John said:
Laika said:
Can't help myself, I have to post the link to a short video about that particular litter ...

May need a tissue, but it is a happy vid ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mK3oG91ckr8
Thanks for posting that. I saw quite a few familiar faces! :)
I am so glad they all made it, fine beasts but please stop posting these clips I am just moved to tears and X factor hasn't even started yet......keep up this brilliant and valuable work V-John ...kind regards Rob and Darcy.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Darcy1311 said:
V-John, those pictures are truly shocking what sort of animal treats such noble Vizslas like this :-\ it really is a sad sick world, but the work you all do, is so much worth it if it saves these wonderful animals.. ;).is there anyway of setting up a paypal account so we could send donations from the forum...Rob and Darcy..
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. We appreciate it.

If you click on the "How you can help" tab, and then at the bottom there is a yellow button that says donate... Click on that, and it will take you through a paypal account to donate.

The donations are tax deductible if you are here in the States. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, if you guys are on facebook, you can "like" our page too. We have a nice female that in on our facebook page, that isn't on the website... Yet. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
just made a teeny donation to the rescue. Please let me know when you get your 501c3 approval; would love to add you to our year end donation cycle.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mlwindc said:
just made a teeny donation to the rescue. Please let me know when you get your 501c3 approval; would love to add you to our year end donation cycle.
I will do that, thank you very much!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A female runaway with a happy ending. :)

The Journey

2 weeks and a day was the length of her stay, Prairie Paws' guest, Ruby V. She had run, run, run with some pals, too much fun, she looked up and had lost her way. The truck brought her in and her sugarfaced grin won the hearts of the Prairie Paws staff. Her coat and nose and Vizsla like pose prompted Midwest V Rescue guide her path. And so a trip down the highway, a brief stop, "ya goin' my way?" Ruby is a "sweet pea" for sure! Settled at home when I pick up the phone, it's Prairie Paws,"we just got a call about Ruby." Seems while on the lamb Ruby's heartsick fam was looking for her day after day. On a fluke, Ruby's mom, looked up Prairie Paws Shelter, 25 miles away...and look! There she was! sure to get the family nod....but wait! No more Ruby pic...it's gone! Frantic calls to the "Paws" and then to MVR to set the record straight. That sugar kissed face that lit up for a "Ruby!" Good girl! Was really not Ruby at all. Goldie is her name and not running away ever again is her new favorite game though she'll always remember her romp this fall. Rescue gifts great big grins and gratitude on the days when all goes just right. We'll take this group victory and sleep that much sweeter tonight!
Goodnight Goldie!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts