Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my first post. Live in Iowa. Been a lurker for some time. my wife and I got Skye about 1 year ago. An adorable 8 week puppy. Loving, calm, a joy. Then she got settled in. Before we got through the first bag of dog food we wondered what have we done. She gave my wife fits with the shark biting. always on the prowl for something to destroy, a ball of energy. Luckily she was sleeping through the night in her crate within a couple weeks. One of the odd things about her is she really doesn’t care much about eating, first dog I have had the eats to live and not lives to eat. We have an acre and we installed an underground fence, a great decision and worth every penny. Exercise daily is a must, when she hasn’t gotten enough, you know it. She has turned into a wonderful dog. Love her dearly. Great disposition, has to be with you at all times. Patience is a must. So, for those that are just starting down the road of a Vizsla owner, it won’t be easy but is so worth the effort. Reason I am writing this is we sent her to a gun dog trainer a few days ago. She has the breeding to be an outstanding bird dog and what she was bred to be. We are missing her way more than we thought. We won’t get her back for two months, but I am so looking forward to hunting over her this fall.
736B1652-596D-48E6-9138-3BF4B4ED7A9B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hello, my first post. Live in Iowa. Been a lurker for some time. my wife and I got Skye about 1 year ago. An adorable 8 week puppy. Loving, calm, a joy. Then she got settled in. Before we got through the first bag of dog food we wondered what have we done. She gave my wife fits with the shark biting. always on the prowl for something to destroy, a ball of energy. Luckily she was sleeping through the night in her crate within a couple weeks. One of the odd things about her is she really doesn’t care much about eating, first dog I have had the eats to live and not lives to eat. We have an acre and we installed an underground fence, a great decision and worth every penny. Exercise daily is a must, when she hasn’t gotten enough, you know it. She has turned into a wonderful dog. Love her dearly. Great disposition, has to be with you at all times. Patience is a must. So, for those that are just starting down the road of a Vizsla owner, it won’t be easy but is so worth the effort. Reason I am writing this is we sent her to a gun dog trainer a few days ago. She has the breeding to be an outstanding bird dog and what she was bred to be. We are missing her way more than we thought. We won’t get her back for two months, but I am so looking forward to hunting over her this fall. View attachment 103328

love your post. and beautiful picture. you must be missing her a lot, hopefully she is back soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She is beautiful! And I'm sure you are missing her! I couldn't imagine being away from my 2 for that long..but I'm sure it will be worth it!

·
Administrator
8,535 Posts
You two will have so much fun in the Fall.
I hope you get a chance to take a lot of pictures in the field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts