Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a common location for those of us in MA to get our Vs together for a romp? Haven't seen one posted but figured I'd ask in case anyone is local - I'm in central MA, not far from Worcester on 495 in Bolton.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking of writing a post to see if anyone wanted to gather on the South Shore (Hingham/Cohasset area).

Whenever Gracie and I go out, we hear news of other V puppies in the area. If you are lurking here, please contact me! We are actually headed out to meet one new puppy friend this afternoon.

I'm glad to travel for a walk, too, although I'm afraid that Worcester will usually be out of range with carsick-prone kids! :-(.

Thanks,
Victoria
Gracie, 5 mos

·
Registered
224 Posts
I live out in Western Mass, but I do occasionally see on the Central New England Vizsla club Facebook page (Fans of the Vizsla Club of Central New England) that a group gets together occasionally (have seen plans for Salisbury Beach, Ashland State Park, Woodsam Farm). These would be a bit of a haul for us (although if a date ever worked out for us, I would love to make the trip) - not sure how close/feasible for you. I believe lots of the club members live out towards Eastern Ma, so you might be able to make some contacts via the club.

·
Registered
914 Posts
BlueandMac, we are in Foxboro area which is about an hour South from you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We live in a suburb of Boston, but are generally happy to make the trek to spend some time with Vizslas :)

I've been to Ashland State park with my Vizsla and it is great! Not too crowded either...let me know if you organize something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do some research to see where a good location might be for a gathering that's central to everyone. Somewhere that's off-leash friendly would be ideal.

·
Registered
914 Posts
dcteague, Foxboro has this great, big forest where dogs can run off leash - F. Gilbert Hills State Forest. They do hunting there Mon - Sat, Sundays not allowed. However, you can hear the firing range nearby when there is a practice, and it might be spooky to younger pups. I know it might sound selfish because it's right in our area, but it is a great place, a little rocky, not too many people, some mountain bikers, lots of trails - small, big, challenging, not so challenging.

We are always up for new trail exploration and don't mind to travel at all. Let us know what you find! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I second Suliko's suggestion! We actually just met Suliko and Sophie there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time! Pippa was completely wiped out afterwards and I would be happy to meet anyone else there again :) It's a great place for dogs to spend a couple of hours!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pippa,

Not sure where you live exactly but we live in Framingham and go to Callahan State Park all the time. It has great trails and a huge field where the dogs can go off leash and just play, play, play. There is usually a good amount of dogs there, but never any V's!!! I have heard Ashland State Park has a Vizsla group, but we have yet to check it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our walker recently notified me of a group of V owners that are doing periodic walks in Boxborough - last time they met, there were about 8 V's - all female. I'm hoping to make it out next time, but if I hear about another one, I'll let you know where/when and we can get a larger group together.

·
Registered
854 Posts
We live right about between the Cape and Boston and its just Otto, my boyfriend, and I so I have no problem traveling!! Just say where and when... I can't wait to meet other Vizslas! (and their owners!!) ;D

·
Registered
854 Posts
We had our Vizsla walk today in Massachusetts! There were less pups than expected but still so much fun! It is so great getting together with other Vs -- Other dogs who can maintain the same level of activity and other owners who understand it! Thanks for coordinating it Victoria!! Looking forward to the next one!

Some pics of Otto, Gracie, and Luna : )

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish I had known - I would have gone with Atticus - he's now just at 6 months and could always use a good run. Next time you all get out, let me know and we'll bring the kids and pup along.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Most definitely! Where in MA are you from?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm sorry, I just scrolled through the post and saw your original message!! I honestly love getting together with other Vizslas, or any other pups in general, so we'll definitely be up for another one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Bolton - near the Route 495/290 intersection. I'd love to get Atticus out with other Vizsla's - his last outing with a retriever ended with the retriever just standing exhausted and watching Atticus contine to do laps. It was pretty funny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live 45 minutes south of Boston and 20 minutes north of Rhode Island. We have two Vizsla's and would love to get a group of Vizsla's together off least if possible. Anyone have any good suggestions??

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am in Maine but generally make it down to MA a few times in the summer... I hope to get on a camping trip or two with Finch once it warms up. I would love to coordinate a trip with a V meetup. Is there a mailing list to join to find out when meetups are, or do you just organize them in this forum?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hi Finch,
I'm not sure of an official email list. The last one I received a PM about it. I would just say post here a week or so before you guys come to MA. It seems like we are all up for a nice walk with the doggies. Cant wait to meet Finch!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi there!

So sorry if anyone felt left out last weekend...I had organized a local walk with Vizsla owners from Hingham, and sent a couple of PMs to folks on the forum who had earlier expressed an interest in heading this way. I hadn't meant to leave anyone out who would have wanted to come. I just usually figure that the South Shore is pretty out of the way for most people.

In any event, I have been building a list of local V owners. I have ~12 Vs on my list, and we've talked about trying to have a group walk every month or two. Although, only 3 came for our first walk! (Otto, you just missed Murphy).

I'll plan to post future walks here in case anyone is up for a day trip. If there is anyone who doesn't check the forum all that often and would like to get an email, just send me a PM and I will add you to my list.

Finch, would love to catch up with you in Acadia...week of June 18!

Victoria

1 - 20 of 388 Posts