Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Dax was born Yesterday (I think...) and the Litter we are getting our Pup from sent us the picture of the Family.

We will continue posting pictures as time progresses. Now that we've seen this photo, we're getting very impatient and anxious in getting Dax to the house but we have to wait until August...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is that eleven puppies? Or maybe twelve? Wow huge litter. I am very happy for you. I too have been waiting a little while for my puppy to come home. Mine will be home around the middle of July but I have spent my time while I've been waiting to pick up all the things she's going to need. Like chew toys and other toys a collar and leash, bowls for food and water and new towels and a blanket to replace the ones that will be going in her crate. The only thing I can think of that I haven't gotten yet is her food but we are still a little ways away so I'll pick that up a little closer to the time she comes home. I also have been spending a lot of time with my two year old vizsla because I know it's going to be a little hard on her when the puppy comes home and I want her secure in her place in our family. I have talked to my vet to let them know they are going to have a new patient and have gone through my house and yard to puppy proof them because it's a lot easier to do this now than when she actually gets here. If you think you're impatient now wait until you see videos or get to meet him for the first time. Congratulations to you on your new vizsla. Get ready to enjoy the ride that life becomes when you get one! They are an adventure and mine has absolutely stolen my heart.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Yep, I counted eleven puppies, as well. Mom looks kind of tired! She's got a big job to do... Congratulations on the birth of Dax!

Whatever you (and also Sahara) do, resist the urge to try to get your puppy any sooner than eight weeks old at the minimum. Ten weeks would actually be better. Puppies learn important lessons at the age of 7 - 10 weeks while they are with their Momma and siblings... among these, bite inhibition. They are taught not to bite down too hard during play! This is hard for you to teach, but much easier for Mom, brothers and sisters to teach. Resist the urge, and give them that extra time in the nursery. It will pay off! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is a HUGE litter! Congratulations! A happy and healthy looking mum too (crucially important!).

I can feel your impatience and excitement. Vizslas are the best dogs in the whole world!

Enjoy!

x

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

We showed this picture to some of our friends here in town and they've all agreed that it's a huge litter. It's kind of exciting in a sense that we know that the parents of Dax are super healthy. Now we're just counting down the days and awaiting for more pictures to come till we get him in the house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts