Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 22 month old male turned into a sex fiend overnight!o_O

We had planned on getting him neutered at 2 years but Friday the 13th is now his date with destiny. A little early but he is well filled out and has not out on any size weight for several months.

We had talked some about leaving him intact but literally overnight he changed from no interest in our spayed female to a slobbering/posessed/wild eyed/horny teenager.

Ah , to be young!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Our 22 month old male turned into a sex fiend overnight!o_O

We had planned on getting him neutered at 2 years but Friday the 13th is now his date with destiny. A little early but he is well filled out and has not out on any size weight for several months.

We had talked some about leaving him intact but literally overnight he changed from no interest in our spayed female to a slobbering/posessed/wild eyed/horny teenager.

Ah , to be young!
I've always said .....Did our ancestors spay or neuter their pets? NOPE....Why should we take what they were born with away from them? But....people will do what people do.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
I wonder if your female has something going on.
UTI’s in females can have some males acting this way. Shine was stung by harvester ants in the past. They leave huge nasty puss filled lumps that break open. Hunter would sniff them, then chatter his teeth like he had smelled a female in heat. He thought about getting frisky once, and she let him know on no uncertain terms that wasn’t going to happen.
Keep in mind Shine is spayed, and Hunter is neutered.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I wonder if your female has something going on.
UTI’s in females can have some males acting this way. Shine was stung by harvester ants in the past. They leave huge nasty puss filled lumps that break open. Hunter would sniff them, then chatter his teeth like he had smelled a female in heat. He thought about getting frisky once, and she let him know on no uncertain terms that wasn’t going to happen.
Keep in mind Shine is spayed, and Hunter is neutered.
We had a similar experience with a neighbors spayed female making my intact boys acting horny, she turned out to have UTI and and impacted anal gland, throwing false scent... after she got treated my boys were back to normal around her. Male dogs who have been bred get more experienced about distinguishing the scents as I understood, the inexperienced ones are easily mislead.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The only thing that neutering, or spaying, guarantees is that the dog is not capable of reproducing.
Spayed females and neutered males will still attempt to “mount” each other regardless of gender. Neuters males can absolutely still physically “ display”. That doesn’t go away.
Everyone has their opinion on whether or not to spay, it’s just that sometimes the expectations, either way, are sometimes not met.
Finn is neutered because he was born with a non descended testicle. It increased his risk of testicular cancer, and made him a non breeding potential candidate regardless of his abilities. I’ve had three other males that were intact their whole lives without problems. The decision to neuter Finn was strictly medical.
Don’t expect a silver bullet behavioral cure with respect to neutering.

·
Administrator
9,177 Posts
The only thing that neutering, or spaying, guarantees is that the dog is not capable of reproducing.
Spayed females and neutered males will still attempt to “mount” each other regardless of gender. Neuters males can absolutely still physically “ display”. That doesn’t go away.
Everyone has their opinion on whether or not to spay, it’s just that sometimes the expectations, either way, are sometimes not met.
Finn is neutered because he was born with a non descended testicle. It increased his risk of testicular cancer, and made him a non breeding potential candidate regardless of his abilities. I’ve had three other males that were intact their whole lives without problems. The decision to neuter Finn was strictly medical.
Don’t expect a silver bullet behavioral cure with respect to neutering.
Exactly
Sometimes it’s just dogs being dogs, and has nothing to do with hormones.
Shine has never been a humper. For those that don’t know, girls can and will hump.
Her and Hunter have a little rivalry going on.
Any other dog can get in my lap, but if Hunter gets in my lap, Shine will try to hump him every time. No I don’t let her do it, and there is nothing sexual about what she is trying to do.

Reactions: Gabica
1 - 6 of 6 Posts