Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During our floods I noticed 2 very small bumps on Lucy. With road closures my vet office was closed that week. She went in today, and he affirmed what I believed are mammary tumors. She is at the start of her heat cycle, so barring any big changes the surgery will be postponed until after her hormones are back to normal. She also has a bump on her chest. Dependant upon the time it takes to remove the tumors and spay her, he might be able to remove the one on her chest. She has no swelling of her lympnodes, and is as happy as a lark. So I'm going to stress as little as possible.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
So sorry about Lucy's problems! Stay positive, and like you said... try not to get too stressed about it. She is an otherwise healthy girl and with the help of a good Vet, she should be fine. I will be thinking of Lucy, though.

Also, every time I have seen those floods in the news, I have thought of you!
Hope everything is starting to get back to "normal".

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ahh - sorry to hear this! So nerve wracking when something isn't right with these crazy dogs! I'm sure everything will be fine, a little surgery to get rid of the lumps and then she's be good as new!! Try not to worry too much, just think positive! Hoping for a speedy recovery for your girl!

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Preoperative blood work was taken care of yesterday. Looks like next Wednesday will be the date for her surgery. I never look forward to having this done, but I'm always glad once it's in the review mirror.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sending positive energy and good thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick recovery for Lucy. Try not to stress and get over tired. It will all go well. You are in good hands and I know it sucks when something is not right with our redheads. Take care my forum friend.
Luv Marcia and Dharma

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
We will Keep you and June in our prayers, and send positive energy to the Vet and the procedure...

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha TKN, atleast I'm not the only one that calls my red girls by the other ones name. And like I tell my family, it's the thought and the belly rubs that count.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
:eek: I knew it was Lucy... But I had June and her birthday in my brain...
That's OK... I gave them both a good dose of Reiki, Love and Positive thoughts, So all will go well next Wed. :)

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had to reschedule Lucy for next Tuesday.
Not a problem with her, vets just behind from being closed due to last week's flooding. More rain on the way :(

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like not doing it today was a good thing.
Had to breakout the taller 4 wheel drive just to get down my street, and pick my husband up.
Picture is taken from my driveway.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,200 Posts
when does summer start in Texas? I probably watched too much Dallas when I was a kid and it always looked really warm, but I suppose Texas is approx 3 times the size of the UK so you probably have different regional climates.

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ten minutes after the rain stops, it's summer.
We may be big but are summers only vary from hot to really hot.

We have a bigger difference in our winters, dependent on which region of Texas. Some parts get ice and snow most years, but not the coast. Cash was 5 before he stepped on a pond, and had ice crunch under his feet. It was kinda funny. He looked back at me as if to say "Something is wrong with this water momma. "

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
We in California are being very sympathetic, and envious all at the same time... Praying for Texas... how frightening these storms must be and devastating!! You can return the prayers when our San Andres Fault lets go! As for our sweet Lucy... I'm sure she doesn't mind putting off her procedures, at one bit.
I was thinking about her yesterday, so I am grateful for the update.

Speaking of summer, you are most likely going to need anchors to keep the mosquito's from caring you away, with all that water!

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mosquitoes are horrible.
I've tried some natural things to cut down on them, but hard to tell if any of it works. Spray one day, and the rain washes it away the next.
Let's hope the Andres Fault gives some warning before letting go.

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I guess this just wasn't meant to go easy.
Lucy spay was not an easy one. Even though she looks tiny, her tubes were in cased with some fat around them. That makes for a much tougher spay, and then she had some bleeders. With the surgery taking loner, and the blood loss, it was not safe to remove the mammary tumors at that time. The vet said he has her on a IV,and she is resting comfortably. I will pick her up at 430 this evening. Next surgery will be in 3-4 weeks ,giving her time to recover. :(

·
Registered
396 Posts
TexasRed said:
Well I guess this just wasn't meant to go easy.
Lucy spay was not an easy one. Even though she looks tiny, her tubes were in cased with some fat around them. That makes for a much tougher spay, and then she had some bleeders. With the surgery taking loner, and the blood loss, it was not safe to remove the mammary tumors at that time. The vet said he has her on a IV,and she is resting comfortably. I will pick her up at 430 this evening. Next surgery will be 3-4 weeks after she has recovered.
So sorry to hear about Lucy's problems with her health and surgery. We are thinking about you and your girl. Please keep us posted. How old is Lucy now?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Aww, that poor girl. She's not going to be happy about missing all that running & playing. (She'll have to make up for it with snuggling :) ) Hoping for quick recoveries!

·
Administrator
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is only 6, but was diagnosed with sarcoma at 2.
We always knew there would be more surgeries in her future. So far it's been a couple of years between surgeries, and that's a lot better than we had hoped for. Until the tumors are removed and sent off to the lab, we won't know if it's even related. She's a happy little spit fire, and as long as she has a good quality of life, we will keep doing what she needs to keep it that way.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts