Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m always asking questions, and you guys are amazing at helping. So I wanted to post something a little less ‘needy’. I’ve had several dogs over my lifetime. A beagle, a Kerry blue, a Dalmatian. My husband has had a husky a lab and a couple of jack Russell’s.
But we were talking tonight about how much this little person Maggie has taken over, and the love that we feel for her. I have never been so obsessed by a pet, so consumed by what is she doing, how is she, who is she cosying up to, is she happy? The joy that she brings us, and I hope us to her, is truly astonishing.

And as a result of having her, we’ve gone vegan, yet feed her raw. The irony is not lost.

Here I am on a Saturday evening on the couch with a Vizsla on my chest rather than being out in the city with friends. A year ago, I’d have been out partying. On Friday she is one year old. Instead of waking up tomorrow slightly hungover late in the morning I’ll be out walking while she runs, and then My rest of day will be about Maggie.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Max (and Gab)...look, there's just no reason to insult them by calling them "Person". They are much better than that.:big-grin

Everything else is really a "dog", and until you have a Vizsla you do not know what that really means.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well there are dogs and then there are vizslas - as we say in Hungary (and sorry for repetition I know i already have quoted it on this forum before)

·
Registered
259 Posts
After having labs all my life (4 in total), two years ago our first V entered our lives and this summer our second V. They are so obsessive in our thoughts, and you're quite right, we think of them as people and we spoil them rotten. And in turn they just give us tons of love in return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts