Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought maybe a thread for lost V's (like we have for rescue/adoptable V's) might be good! I see so many on FB, and Lua's little adventure made me realize how important sharing that info is even if it's not in your geographical area. I know HVF hits show up a lot on google searches for vizslas, so it might help someone out. So many of the FB groups are closed now that it might be tougher to find that information if say, a non-V person found a V in their backyard.

Admins, feel free to delete this thread if there's already another one out there, etc...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I saw that too, and immediately shared on my wall, even though I know exactly 1 person on my FB list who is from Wisconsin. I also think it would be wise to post lost Vs here, for those of us who aren't in a closed group on FB. Or, we could start an HVF group on Facebook and just post it all there---it would certainly make the sharing of info on lost pets easier. It's also how Indy Lost Pet (who helped find Lua) runs their model.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
4,181 Posts
I thought we had a stickied thread on here for lost V's,,,we have now ;), good call to mod that stickied this one.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Believe it or not there are some of us who refuse to use FB for reasons and so maybe a lost and found section on the forum might be good. I would 2nd that motion for sure. I know Dharma has gotten away on us a few times and I have had to keep tabs on where she has gone and she is significantly faster than I am when running!

·
Administrator
8,029 Posts
Its a great idea.
It would be even better if they keep up with the original post on FB, and update here if the dog is found.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it'd probably be a good idea to put in the whole description of the dog, where it went missing, etc. in the text too instead of just the link. I didn't do that for the Laszlo post which probably only reached people already reading the forum (still a lot). The more text on the forum, the more likely it is to show up on a google search though, I think?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zip has been lost in Frisco, Colorado since Oct. 11th. I believe they are organizing a search for this weekend if anyone is located nearby. She's been sighted many times it sounds like, but they haven't been able to catch her.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203802268675384&set=a.1036646874640.2007370.1179523689&type=1&theater

"Zip is a four year old female, of moderate size--she's probably about 45 pounds. Typical brownish reddish Vizsla color. She has a purple collar on. She knows her name, but won't come when called, she will actually look at you when you call her and run away. She likes hot dogs. If you are patient and approach her slowly and sit down some distance away she will not run giving her time to trust you--it has not been nor will it be easy to catch her. Any help, any at all, is great appreciated."

UPDATE: Zip has been found!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
wish I could be out there to help search...

on second thought, I'll just pre-emptively say I wish I could be out there for all of them so as not to clog up this post with non-lost-dog info. Mods, feel free to delete :) :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just saw this about Lazlo on a Facebook site (along with a picture of him!)

I have had a heck of a time posting this but finally....late Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning....FOUND FOUND FOUND!!!!! Laszlo is home everyone!!!!! He was waiting for one of the rangers at Bong to come back to a shelter! Barking and carrying on like his usual self. She said he kind of scared her, but he was nothing but excited to see her. He is pretty skinny and is eating away right now. We couldnt be ANY happier!!! He is getting a steak dinner tomorrow for sure! Thank you again to everyone. It has been a true blessing having everyones help. We are blessed![/color][/color]

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zip has been found! After 18 days on the run! :D

"Zip went missing in the Frisco/Copper Mountain area on October 11, 2014. After **18** days on the run and the help of Colorado/Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group members, community members, local police, and Lisa Little of Summit County Animal Control, Zip was caught this morning (in the Copper Mountain area). She has lost a lot of weight, and wasn't exactly thrilled, but she is finally safe and will soon be on her way to her new foster home. It snowed there last night so we are SO thankful she made it through the night and was captured today!!"

·
Administrator
8,029 Posts
Reunited

MISSING IN SAN ANTONIO TX
Averie went missing this morning between 8-11am this morning in San Antonio Texas. She weights about 21 lbs and is microchipped . Gate was seemed to be tampered with as it was open when we went to check on her leading Us to believe she was taken . Please share and help us find AVERIE
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vizsla-Lost-Found/111513005553156

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
**FOUND and REUNITED with owner**

LOST IN BEAVERTON, OREGON AREA --Sharing from Craigslist posting:
OREGON (BEAVERTON) -- LOST VIZSLA "BALI MAE" REWARD IF RETURNED
Our amazing and loved dog Bali Mae either got out of our yard or was taken when we let her outside for a potty break. She is like a child in our family if you see her or know anything please contact the number listed. Our hearts are absolutely breaking. There is a REWARD for anyone who finds her! Last seen was in the yard on the Corner of SW Jenkins & Oakwood. By Cedar Hills and Nike Employee Store. More info below. Please help us get her home.
Lost on: 11/09/2014
Breed: VIZSLA
Sex: FEMALE
Weight: 40LBS
COLOR: RED
Location lost: Bali Mae got out of her yard between Oakwood and Jenkins in Beaverton, OR 97005. Close to Cedar Hills Shopping Center.
Personality: Very friendly loves everyone. She is very loved by her family. REWARD if found or any info.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*Henley is still missing as of 1/26/15. Many sightings but no luck catching him.*

Humor me... I know it's not a V... but I think we'd all like to "bring Henley home" just as much as we would a V ;) Henley's been missing for weeks. He's been sighted numerous times in Bergen County, NJ but is still on the run.

Henley, a 16 month old, male Weimaraner, went missing in Bergenfield, NJ at approximately, 1 AM on Sunday, September 21st. Help find him!

On 9/21 at 1 AM, Henley bolted out the side door of a relative's house on Fairview in Bergenfield after a rabbit. The relative tried to find him but he was lost in the night. There have only been two spottings, both shortly after he took off, one in on Briarcliff Road in Teaneck and after that on the Prospect by the Dumont/Bergenfield border.

Henley is 1.5 yrs old, weighs 60 lbs and is a grey Weimaraner. He was wearing his British flag collar with ID tag. He does have a distinctive faint scar around his neck that is NOT due to abuse but from surgery as a very young puppy.

Normally, Henley is a friendly dog however, after being lost for many days, we expect him to be in feral dog mode and possibly skittish and weary off strangers.

If seen, do not chase nor try to catch him. If he does approach you, do not look him in the eye and allow him to get close to enough to grab his collar.

Henley is well loved and misses by his family and we appreciate everyone's support in trying to reunite him with his family.

https://www.facebook.com/bringhenleyhome/info

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Dex - 1 great POST - a V or anyother pup that is LOST - deserves this forums ATT!! once again - RECALL is so important !!!! PIKE is never LOST - in 2min he starts looking 4 ME !!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It's a bit far-fetched that anyone here knows some Hungarians to share this with, but Scout's brother, Atlasz, has gone missing. Not too sure on the details since google translate didn't do the best job, but here is the photo that's being shared on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/vizslamentes/photos/a.136570149794407.26668.136212999830122/653814301403320/?type=1&theater

Ceglédbercelen a Homok dűlőnél elveszett Atlasz!
Gazdája nagyon keresi, aki látta, kérjük hívja a 06209214054-es számot! Köszönjük!
Narancssárga nyakörv van rajta! Chipes!

And the rough translation:
Ceglédbercel Sand dűlőnél Atlas lost!
His owner is looking for, he saw, please call us on 06209214054's number! Thank you!
Orange Collar is on him! Chipped!

They look so much alike, it's killing me. :(

UPDATE: I'm pretty sure he's been found based on another rough translation. :) Ran off to a farm and will be reunited with his dad tomorrow.

·
Administrator
8,029 Posts
Oh my gosh, he does look like Scout.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts