Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I lost my beautiful Lucy in May of this year at the age of 15. She was a vizsla Australian cattle dog mix and without question the most incredible dog I've ever owned. I'm beginning to think I could have another but she was such an exceptional dog I'm interested in perhaps getting the same mix again. Is this a breed that exists? She was a rescue but with so much crossbreeding going on I was wondering if perhaps someone was actually looking into doing a cross of those two breeds. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Sorry about your loss!

They're bred for such different purposes, that I can't imagine anyone out there is purposefully working on a cross. What were some of your favorite qualities in Lucy? Maybe there is another breed entirely that could fit some of those desires. Here's a really good breed selector survey: Dog Breed Selector, Best AKC & Designer Dog Breed For You! that may put you on to something new.

·
Administrator
4,338 Posts
I'll throw one into the mix, never thought I'd have anything other than wire haired vizslas, but hey-ho, here I am with a pup that's dad is a wirehaired vizsla, his mum is a cross between a german wirehaired pointer and a italiano bracco, he really is a sweet pup but proving a handful at times
Dog Liver Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts