Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be possible to have a "thanks" or "like" button for posts that you find particularly informative?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You mean a way of rating answwers? Like Diggs?

Perhaps you can PM Calum, he established this forum.

I think this forum is hosted in Scotland.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm guessing youre not on facebook, datacan. When someone posts something that you like, people can click on a thumbs up sign so that under your post it'll say 7 people like your post. it sort of gives validation to the person posting that this is an appreciated piece of info without the person having to really say anything more.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like the idea of a "like" button but I don't really like the rating system. I've seen that on other forums (where the user's average rating is shown by their avatar), and it seems stressful--too much like a popularity contest.

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually meant it as a sign of appreciation.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I understand what you're saying, harrigab. Of course, there's always the option of posting a quick "thank you", and as I recall, you have done that in the past. If you find something to be especially illuminating, just say "thanks"! ;D That works. As a former English teacher, I must admit that I am partial to using words and sentences.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hello, I had a look and this is possible but I can't get the modification to work at the moment (hence the errors you might have seen in the last 20 mins).

I will try again later, or wait for the modification to be updated.

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mswhipple said:
I understand what you're saying, harrigab. Of course, there's always the option of posting a quick "thank you", and as I recall, you have done that in the past. If you find something to be especially illuminating, just say "thanks"! ;D That works. As a former English teacher, I must admit that I am partial to using words and sentences.
I understand completely what you're saying mswhipple. However, on a forum that I'm a mod on we found that posting counts rose dramatically after admin installed the "like" button, we attribute this to the "like" button acting as an ice breaker, particularly with new members.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there,

I think I may be in the minority here, but I noticed the new like button and it actually made me pause a bit before posting.

A lot of my posts are meant to be helpful and sometimes that means being very honest. In that situation, I don't always want to worry about being "like"d or not. I think a unanimous helpful rating (such as on trip advisor) would be better for me personally if we need to rate posts at all. I actually would prefer not being rated at all. :)

I know the like button is already out there. But, this is the feedback section, so I thought I'd put my two cents in there.

All the best,

- FS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts