Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shine thinking she can chase down a pheasant, and learning it's not going to happen.

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has a lot of chase in her. But its a lesson she needs to learn. As a birddog she has to figure out, she can't get the bird without me.

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20190203_140729.jpg

One that she held point, and was shot over her today.
Her first rooster.

·
Administrator
4,216 Posts
Ruby has just this year realised that she can't run down a hare, rabbits are no problem, but hares are just too fast so I think she's quite relieved when I blow the stop whistle, (hare coursing with dogs is illegal in UK)

Reactions: Gabica and texasred

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, wild bird chasing teaches them to be more steady on point and not to move up. good one:)
These aren't wild. They are just unshot birds from a earlier tower shoot. Pheasant are just stronger fliers than some of your other birds.

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That and they need to flush, if she tries to crowd them by taking that extra step.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That and they need to flush, if she tries to crowd them by taking that extra step.

Where are you guys shooting at? This the place down in Ennis?

Our 7month old is off at bird camp for three months. Been looking for some options for off season work.

Excited to get him back come May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are you guys shooting at? This the place down in Ennis?

Our 7month old is off at bird camp for three months. Been looking for some options for off season work.

Excited to get him back come May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's in Waller, and has a private bird hunting area license. Makes it possible to train/shoot game birds on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts