Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're getting ready to hit the ocean here in New England and looking for good options for Life Jackets for our V's. Ones that are proven to be good quality, fit well and perform well in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
8,106 Posts
It's been years since I ordered them.
I can't remember if I bought them from Cabela's, or LL Bean.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It's pricier than other options, but the Ruffwear one has worked well for my dog. The handle is sturdy and the vest allows full range of motion in her shoulders while keeping her balanced in the water.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wow. Now that's a stick!!!!

For the OP
Gun Dog supply has a full range of life vests, and flotation vests.
I'm also searching for a flotation vest for Finn, so post back when you've made a decision. Although that Ruff Wear model pictured looks like a strong possibility

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I'll look into the several that were suggested. We use Ruffwear quite a bit for other needs for our V's and their quality is very good from our experience. Their stuff is a bit pricey, but never had an issue. Be back once I do some homework. Ty again everyone.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone again for your help. We decided on these: VIVAGLORY Sports Style Dog Life Jacket. We pinged the company directly and they were very helpful in selecting the right one for V's, etc. Which is nice that there is still good old customer service out there.

Anyway, they are half the cost of Ruffwear and seem like the same fit, finish and build quality. So we'll give it a try for 2020.

Greatly appreciate all the responses and quick replies to our query. Best of luck to all our V who enjoy the open water this summer.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks everyone again for your help. We decided on these: VIVAGLORY Sports Style Dog Life Jacket. We pinged the company directly and they were very helpful in selecting the right one for V's, etc. Which is nice that there is still good old customer service out there.

Anyway, they are half the cost of Ruffwear and seem like the same fit, finish and build quality. So we'll give it a try for 2020.

Greatly appreciate all the responses and quick replies to our query. Best of luck to all our V who enjoy the open water this summer.
that is what we have too. it will be interesting to hear your feedback, we have not really used it on a regular basis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts