Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need more Vizsla fun in the world. Post a pic of your sweet V just being themselves- whether that's being goofy, loving, playing, hunting or napping!
Here is Shofe when I got my bear skin rug back- she alternated between being scared to being verrry interested 馃槂
She has been a part of every hunt we've had since we got her, and I can't imagine it any other way now!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Working animal

Premium Member
Want to make clear, vizslas and kittens don't get along!!! Thought everyone should know! 馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Aly is almost 19 months... the kitten is just 19 days old.

Dog Liver Carnivore Working animal Whiskers

Cat Dog Liver Carnivore Comfort

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Comfort

Dog Cat Carnivore Comfort Liver

Registered
Want to make clear, vizslas and kittens don't get along!!! Thought everyone should know! 馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Aly is almost 19 months... the kitten is just 19 days old.

View attachment 104393
View attachment 104394
View attachment 104395
View attachment 104396
Boy you got me on this one when I read your post. With our seeing these fantastic pictures I was thinking we have had four Vs over the years and they have all been great with anything. Then I saw you pictures, SO cute! I can not wait to show May wife may V loving beat friend. Thanks for the smile these pictures gave me!!!! Keep enjoying them!!!!

Premium Member
Boy you got me on this one when I read your post. With our seeing these fantastic pictures I was thinking we have had four Vs over the years and they have all been great with anything. Then I saw you pictures, SO cute! I can not wait to show May wife may V loving beat friend. Thanks for the smile these pictures gave me!!!! Keep enjoying them!!!!
@Red dog lovers, right after Aly turned a year old, we brought a kitten into the house in an effort to foster Aly's tolerance to other animals. That kitten's name is "Puddy-Tat". As Puddy matured during this past early spring, we had an appointment to have her spayed. Though, had to cancel due to an emergency. The kitten in the pictures above are of the single kitten Puddy had on May 1, 2022.

Aly and Puddy-Tat get along GREAT! They get along so well, Puddy was extremely accepting of Aly's inclusion in the entire kitten process. It's been a great experience for all of us!

Below, I've linked a Youtube video I created of Aly and Puddy... so you can get a better idea of their interactions.

Administrator
Very cute video.
I鈥檝e seen a lot of vizslas raised with cats. Although mine have a different reaction to them. Mine have only seen cats, if they come into my backyard, or are on the fence. They basically just want to catch them, and leap barking at them if they are on the fence. They treat them the same as if there is a possum, or raccoon in the backyard.

Super Moderator
In my very limited experience, bringing a kitten into a house with a V is much more likely to work than bringing a V puppy into a house with an adult cat.

And, as texasred said, an unknown cat in the backyard will likely be chased.

Premium Member
Oscar offering his Kong to 鈥渢he boss鈥 (Thomas)
View attachment 104399
@Mrs M, it's so awesome to see Oscar's "sharing"! It's very much like Aly!

Whenever I make a really tasty topper over Aly's kibble, Puddy-Tat comes running. Aly always "shares", allowing Putty-Tat to eat as well.

Very cute video.
I鈥檝e seen a lot of vizslas raised with cats. Although mine have a different reaction to them. Mine have only seen cats, if they come into my backyard, or are on the fence. They basically just want to catch them, and leap barking at them if they are on the fence. They treat them the same as if there is a possum, or raccoon in the backyard.
@texasred, there's "stranger" cat that comes around occasionally (I suspect to be the father of Puddy-Tat's kitten) and Aly chases it away, the same as squirrels and coyotes. I think part of Aly's psychology is any animal I personally accept, she does as well. Critters I don't want her to hunt/hurt, I verbally preface referral to the critter with "Nice _"... and "Be Nice to _".

I'm also linking a quick video of Aly and Puddy-Tat's kitten interacting. My apologies for the crappy videos... I'm learning how to create and post them.

• Love
Reactions: Mrs M and Gabica

Registered
In my very limited experience, bringing a kitten into a house with a V is much more likely to work than bringing a V puppy into a house with an adult cat.

And, as texasred said, an unknown cat in the backyard will likely be chased.
Bob

I had the opposite reaction.
Within a day of bringing Finn into the house at 8 weeks old, he had "banished" all three adult cats to the basement. One is still there, and only comes up when Finn is asleep in his crate at night.
The rest of the story, all of those cats had been raised as kittens with adult Vizlsa's. ;) They just didn't want to put up with his nonsense. I do wish they had "tagged him" gently when he was a puppy. He really deserved it!!
We don't have any stray cats in the yard either. Finn is relentless about that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts