Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

We have a 14 week old girl (Kumara). This week we were told she had some soft tissue damage in one of her back legs, meaning she is now crate-bound for the next week (apart from toilet breaks of course)...

She is being very good, but because she feels fine in herself and doesn’t understand why Mum and Dad are now putting her in her crate all day. She gets very overexcited when we let her out to feed her, understandably. I worry she gets bored in her crate, despite the fact we make sure she has kongs, chew toys and also soft toys to play with.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about more stimulating games we could give her for whilst shes in the crate?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Ellie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Ellie,

I have 6 month old male pup, got injured last weekend while playing with another dog. He tried to jump over a wooden barrier, missed and his front leg hit some wood. He was limping and the ER doctor said nothing seems broken, most likely a muscle sprain/strain in the shoulder and that he needs as much rest as possible ...limit movement as much as possible, no rough play, jumping on furniture etc.... Keep it to only potty breaks. So as you can imagine the last week has been very very difficult for us to keep our boy from moving too much...day 3 he had almost recovered. But , when I brought him back in from a potty break...he just darted in, had a mini zoomie and started limping again!! Anyway...its been a few more days, he finally seems to be on the verge of complete recovery now, took him for some shorter walks today to phase him in.

I did the same stuff like you...Kongs, and bought a food puzzle for meals that takes him some time. But also what helped was that the Vet prescribed some sedatives to keep him from getting too excited...he still did but still lesser than normal. So i guess food puzzles, kongs + sedative has made it a little bit easier. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is on the verge of recovery and I can be back to our regular walks. Very hard to keep them from not moving much!!

Wishing Kumara a quick recovery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I accidentally discovered a new game for him...while feeding him , I dropped one kibble into his bowl of water... next thing I know...he is try to get it and it moves away from his mouth in the water...he is not drinking the water, just wants to get that one kibble that seems to keep running away from his mouth. He was quite busy chasing that one kibble in the water for at least 5 minutes! 😂 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts