Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I would got to my regular vet if my dogs gait was off, or they had a slight limp that wasn’t improving. Most vets will recommend rest, and either pain meds, or a anti inflammatory. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes rest, and meds are needed.
Most often than not, I’m finding my dogs have something out of alignment, if they are dropping a shoulder, or just not moving in a normal fluid motion. A quick trip to the chiropractor, and they are instantly feeling better. Took both the girls today. Shine had a shoulder out of alignment, and a few toes. Heifer had both shoulders, and a hock out of alignment. I will be so glad when she stops getting sidetracked, when running full speed. She has laid herself out a few times.

· Registered
420 Posts
Years ago I would got to my regular vet if my dogs gait was off, or they had a slight limp that wasn’t improving. Most vets will recommend rest, and either pain meds, or a anti inflammatory. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes rest, and meds are needed.
Most often than not, I’m finding my dogs have something out of alignment, if they are dropping a shoulder, or just not moving in a normal fluid motion. A quick trip to the chiropractor, and they are instantly feeling better. Took both the girls today. Shine had a shoulder out of alignment, and a few toes. Heifer had both shoulders, and a hock out of alignment. I will be so glad when she stops getting sidetracked, when running full speed. She has laid herself out a few times.
A lot of general vets are clueless when it comes to structural issues that aren't a bone break/fracture

· Administrator
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of general vets are clueless when it comes to structural issues that aren't a bone break/fracture
I don’t think it’s part of the general teaching, or it’s very brief.
Wish it was easier to find both, at the same veterinarian office. I’m just happy to have a good chiropractor for the dogs, that is within a hour drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts