Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Yesterday we were out in the field. Shine goes on point along a thick wood line. The bird is flushed, but there was not a clear shoot through the trees. I tell her no bird, and she goes back to hunting the wood line. A little later she disappears in the heavy woods. We hear some noise, and a hawk flies out of the woods. Shine comes out of the same area, with a headless quail. Shine had ruin the hawks meal, and declare the bird as hers. LOL
Red Angelface Devilchild 1 - Hawk 0 🏆🏆🏆

·
Administrator
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
She might get the idea that she can take a shortcut and just follow the hawk. :)
Oh, I sure hope not.
She was a big tweety bird chaser.
She liked to run the harvested corn fields, and make black birds fly. Just so she could chase them. Most young dogs do it, until they get enough game bird exposure. But she really had a love for the game. It wouldn't take much for her to revert back.
She's such a fun little dog (39lbs) with the heart/prey drive of a big dog.

·
Registered
942 Posts
well with her being on springs, she may try and perform one of those 6 feet jumps just to get the quail from the hawk:)

·
Administrator
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well with her being on springs, she may try and perform one of those 6 feet jumps just to get the quail from the hawk:)
We've watch a hawk take a chukar of the air, after a missed shot. He flew away with his lunch.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It sounds as if you're having a heckuva fun time down there. Not that I'm envious or anything.;).
It's cold and nasty here, so keep the good sunny day stories coming.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts